How many miles did you get this season.

I have been VERY busy this year at work and home. Bad for riding as I managed about 2300 miles. In part, I couldn't commute on it for a couple months because I was someone's ride to and from work. Now it's black ice season and I'd be coming home over two hours after sunset every day. I have GOT to get out of New England!

Record Year

It was a record year at just over 22,000 km (13,580 miles). One really big trip and many shorter ones, as well as riding every day to work, and all but 2 weekends during our all-to-brief season.

About 6,000 a year. That's going out once or twice a week and riding within a 100 mi radius, no long trips, just pleasure riding in the Hill Country (Fredericksburg, Llano, Johnson City, Kerrville area loops).

Last edited:
I think we need to make this a challange for next spring. Everyone participating could snap a picture of there odometer and post it in the thread. Then make a designated end time and have everyone submit a final odometer pic.

About 3500 miles. No trips, just commuting and around town with my wife.

It was 19 degrees when I left for work this morning, high today is suppose to be 32. It may be time to clean it up, change the oil, lube the chain & put it on the tender. :frown:

Since last year I am living in CA and even so my job is very demanding I managed 20000 miles in the last year (riding year around).
My favorite trip was with my wife to the Grand Canyon with a lot of destinations in between (about 2500 miles in 10 days). My best solo trip was a north Cal trip for 3 days and about 1200 miles.

Well before i came here i got only about 10000 km (not miles). California is a motorcycle paradise :).

Since last year I am living in CA and even so my job is very demanding I managed 20000 miles in the last year (riding year around).
My favorite trip was with my wife to the Grand Canyon with a lot of destinations in between (about 2500 miles in 10 days). My best solo trip was a north Cal trip for 3 days and about 1200 miles.

Well before i came here i got only about 10000 km (not miles). California is a motorcycle paradise :).

Did you ever travel down Hwy 1? Have any pics?
That is my dream motorcycle trip. Lot's of people have been talking about Yellowstone and I might have to add that to the list. I really want to go through Colorado into Utah (from Texas) and I wanted to drop back down into California to circle back around. LOL Now all I need is enough time to make that trip. :confused:

That's impressive man! Where did you move from again?

You're so right about motorcycle paradise. Since my west coast tour in June 2012, I've been California dreamin' every day. I want to go back and ride more and more and more

Last edited:
I got 10156 km/6310 miles.

Normally I don't ride when its below 13-15° celsius (59 degrees Fahrenheit).
So that limited my season from March 15. to October 6.
Hope for some improvement next year :)

Not so much

FZ1: maybe 250 miles

Electra Glide: 2441 miles last I checked

My girlfriend will never ride on the FZ1 again since I bought the Electra Glide so I hardly ride it. I think I'll be selling it next spring. It also doesn't agree with my back too well.

@ thepopularjock

Yes I do Hwy 1 very often both to the north and to the south, being in the Bay area it is very important to start riding before the traffic starts, this means be on the Hwy at 8h then it is very empty and nice ;). I would try to evade the high summer because the pacific is very cold and this leads to lots of fog, May and October are usually very nice and no fog. The part south of Monterrey is very crowded and only fun during weekdays or very early in the morning. On the other hand the sunsets over the Pacific are simply breathtaking (try to look on the street or stop on one of the many turn outs).
I will see if I can upload some pictures later.

@ Dustin

Well I am commuting and touring a lot so about half the miles are commuting the rest twisties and touring.

I move to California from Germany, Munich and the riding season was limited to 5 month but there was a lot of rain and while the alps are really very nice and close to Munich they are extremely crowded compared to even Hwy1.

I got it last October with about 2400 on it. Not done riding, but I have about 20,500 on it now. The warm Spring here in Michigan and a couple of long trips (3500 miles to Lubec, Maine and back, plus a couple of trips to the twisties in Southeast Ohio) kept me moving. Prior to the FZ1 I was doing about 8-10K miles on my Shadow.

I didn't get half the miles this year as last. I think it was about 3,200 miles total the whole season. I plan to change those numbers next year though! I will say that I put quality miles this year with a couple of PA rides with great friends and one or two on this side of the river so it wasn't a total bust.

looks like it will be another 25,000 mile year (24,100 so far this year) that's been my average for about the last 5 years with a high of 27,300 last year.

I also average only 3,000 miles to a set of tires
That breaks down to nearly $14,000 just in gas and tires over the last 4 years.
Man this was an expensive hobby.

Back