How to Double Your Workload without Really Trying

MrHix

Hi,

So I decided to put the quiet insert into my Akrapovic CF Hex can, just because I can. Very easy to take the silencer off and drill the rivets out. Pull the CF end cap and SS inside piece out. Drill a hole in the silencer's SS piece and SS rivet the silent insert in. Reinsert the SS end piece and SS strap and put the 6 rivets in. THEN, look at the workbench and see the CF endcap sitting there. You don't have to say it, "I'm an IDIOT!".

Drill out the NEW rivets, etc, etc, and finally got it back together. Slightly quieter. but still has the nice rumble at all RPM. No ride report yet, 38 degrees F and rain all day.

Oh, well,

MrHix

I've got a friend with a nice POV (?) helmet cam. I'll see if he can take some drive, er fly-by video if the weather allows (front landing gear up!).

Cheers,

MrHix

Oh yea, stuff like that will happen once in a while. My experience was a little different. When I put on my Yosh R-77 I left the dbkiller in. After riding around with it for a few days i decided to take it out. Well that involved removing a small rubber plug and then a small screw from the side of the end cap. All was going well until I dropped the screw into the end cap :doh2: Ended up having to take the muffler off the bike to get the screw out. Needless to say that dbkiller is never going back in :D

Just obtained rear stand for the bike and was playing with it (and trying to figure out how it is to smoothly operate with one person).....anyway, was in process of swapping out my rear shock for the Penske.

Had a brain aneurysm b/c I wanted to put my raised links back in to replace the stockers and the bolts were more of a PITA to remove than I ever remember.

long story short, you want free play, remove the pressure off of the swingarm by using the centerstand in lieu of the rear stand......

heres_your_sign_photo.gif

Yeah,

I almost tried to put the bike on the sidestand with the shock off so I could put the centerstand limiter on (so it doesn't hit the new silencer). Thought better of it finally!

Cheers,

MrHix

Back