How to make a cheap Helmet Cam!

I have seen a lot of comments about about those little keyring spy cameras and taking them on motorcycle rides. Well I'm not too smart and had to search around to find how to attach it to my helmet.
LOL
I never even considered velcro! Here is a decent - a little long - video on how to build a cheap Helmet Cam. Mine is still on order but this looks good to me. I think you should be able to get your camera, memory card and velcro for under $50. That's not too bad!
:wow::woot::woot::wow:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxZsckWZOAQ&feature=related]YouTube - CHEAP HELMET CAMERA -MD 80[/ame]

LOL - I'm cracking up looking at that still shot of the video. The way that camera pushes his nose around is NOT good. LOL That guy says he has a big nose and that would honestly bother the Hell out of me so I would place the camera somewhere else.
Anyway - I just wanted to spread the general idea.

Actually quite good video for a small inexpensive camera. :D Thanks for sharing this! Might be a cheap addition for some, even if you have a GoPro. Now you can record looking forward and backward on the same ride! :tup:

Your welcome.
That's a good idea for a second camera. I had not thought of that.
You know I have been trying to think of a way to attach this little keychain camera to my foot peg so when I go around the corner I will have a real close view of the ground when going around the corner. I just think that would be an interesting point of view.

Your welcome.
That's a good idea for a second camera. I had not thought of that.
You know I have been trying to think of a way to attach this little keychain camera to my foot peg so when I go around the corner I will have a real close view of the ground when going around the corner. I just think that would be an interesting point of view.

mind the gap..euh ...groundclearance : oops:

I tried his way, but chose to mount mine on the outside of the chin bar.

DSCF3076.JPG

I use the MD91 knockoff now the same way. Both the MD80 and MD91 have terrible vibes when mounted ON the bike, but they are great economical helmet cams. Make sure you get a class 4 or higher card or the video won't be so good.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice - Thanks for sharing!
It seems like Both the MD80 and MD91 have an advantage with helmet cams because mounting them vertically is quite a bit easier than horizontally like the micro 808 that I bought.

Back