How to politely say, "you'll never ride my FZ1."

Classic

I'll let anyone ride my bike provided they give me the total replacement value in cash plus 10% for the PITA it will be to mod a new bike. When they bring my bike back in perfect condition I'll give their money back no problem. So far nobody has taken me up on it. Weird, right?

A $10,400 CASH DEPOSIT to replace mine with a new 2013 will work.

I always ask "Can you replace this by tomorrow?"

I've let a few people ride my bike BUT, I know they could replace it immediately if they crashed it . . . they have that much money. Those are far and few though....

Have you ridden with them before?

I think it all comes down to trust. I think it might be good for more HD guys to ride Liter Bikes, might open their eyes a little to what a real bike feels like.......
:cowboy:

I'll let anyone ride my bike provided they give me the total replacement value in cash plus 10% for the PITA it will be to mod a new bike. When they bring my bike back in perfect condition I'll give their money back no problem. So far nobody has taken me up on it. Weird, right?

Same thing I say, i even tell them I'll take a check! I know the ones asking cant afford it so its always "thanks anyway". Now others like my Dad, Uncle and a few other older guys that have their own bikes that I ride with I don't mind at all. I know they have the cash, insurance and loaner bike:doh2: for me if somthing happens. I undertand the wife comparison but for me my Wife is > my FZ1 (most days!) lol

I have let a few others ride my FZ1.

My best friend that own a 2005 FZ1 - no problem
My Sister-n-law - no problem
Fellow FZ1 forum members - depends on who it is. :cowboy:
My cousin who has my old Connie - sure
My brothers - :doh2: NO F'ing way!

No need to be cute or beat around the bush, I've been riding for 37 years and in all that time I've never asked to ride someone else's machine or been asked to ride mine. In the world I live in it just isn't done, sort of like asking what one's salary is. If I ever was asked I'd simply say no and walk away, no need to explain it further.

Trust!

Have you ridden with them before?

I think it all comes down to trust. I think it might be good for more HD guys to ride Liter Bikes, might open their eyes a little to what a real bike feels like.......
:cowboy:

Three of these five guys ride with Outlaw Bikers. 100 mph on Hwy 99 to Red Bluff. They may have the money, but my red flags went up when they keep telling me to shred the back tire while leaving the parking lot. Yea, I am really going to let you ride my bike???

NOT!

I've lent my bike a few times to mates but only if they let me ride there's at the same time.
But these are only blokes I trust not any joker I hardly know.
If they aren't good mates or they can't ride just tell them straight up No.

No need to be cute or beat around the bush, I've been riding for 37 years and in all that time I've never asked to ride someone else's machine or been asked to ride mine. In the world I live in it just isn't done, sort of like asking what one's salary is. If I ever was asked I'd simply say no and walk away, no need to explain it further.

One of the guys I ride with rides a vfr 800 I asked to ride that one of these days. I also offered to let him ride the fiz. He said fine... Of course the vfr 800 makes is about on par with the fz8.

Other guy: "Can I ride your bike?"

Me: "I guess, but you'll look silly on the back with me driving." :flip:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=721w4uS3jD0]Two Dudes on a Motorcycle HD - YouTube[/ame]

I would tell the Harley crowd, (and most others), that I have a policy of not allowing others to ride my motorcycle, no matter who they are, or how talented. And I do this because I value our friendship too much, and don't want it to be ruined, or I don't want to set us up for an awkward situation, no matter how remote the possibility.

If they keep pressing, I would say that there are too many significant differences between the FZ1 and a HD. If they persist, then I would tell that the FZ1 has: Over twice the power; 2/3 as much weight; seat height maybe 5 " higher; foot position beneath the rider instead of way forward; gearing completely different; handling so much quicker; brakes totally more effective; the FZ1 will power wheeley where the HD will not; acceleration is so strong that it would throw a rider off the bike if he isn't holding on to the handlebars quite well; etc, etc.

I they keep on, then I would say that they are seriously lacking in judgement about these things, and that my final answer is NO.

Great ideas!

I would tell the Harley crowd, (and most others), that I have a policy of not allowing others to ride my motorcycle, no matter who they are, or how talented. And I do this because I value our friendship too much, and don't want it to be ruined, or I don't want to set us up for an awkward situation, no matter how remote the possibility.

If they keep pressing, I would say that there are too many significant differences between the FZ1 and a HD. If they persist, then I would tell that the FZ1 has: Over twice the power; 2/3 as much weight; seat height maybe 5 " higher; foot position beneath the rider instead of way forward; gearing completely different; handling so much quicker; brakes totally more effective; the FZ1 will power wheeley where the HD will not; acceleration is so strong that it would throw a rider off the bike if he isn't holding on to the handlebars quite well; etc, etc.

I they keep on, then I would say that they are seriously lacking in judgement about these things, and that my final answer is NO.

:thewave::thewave::thewave:

think of the legal aspect of you letting them ride your personal bike, and also your insurance coverage, A church that has bike parking, cool.

J

The Ride Might be a three day weekend in June

think of the legal aspect of you letting them ride your personal bike, and also your insurance coverage, A church that has bike parking, cool.J

You have all NAILED it, plus, "I would never ask to ride your HD Bagger with the $5k paint job (and REALLY stupid ape-hangers), so let's just say we do not loan out our bikes."

:yes::yes::yes:

Well I know some of the comments were made jokingly, but seriously there's really no need to put down the other rider's bike or make some other "stupid" comment.

All you have to do is simply say that you have a policy of not letting others ride your bike and leave it at that. It's your bike so no further explanation is really needed ;)

Back