I Know This Will Shock Some But...........

Sold!!!!

I am both saddened and happy to say that the bike is sold. Ill be sad to see her go but happy that she will be going to fellow member Pilot8127 here on our forum. He will be coming Saturday morning to pick her up and bring her to a new home. I hope that he gets the same amount of enjoyment that I have had the last three years. I will have great memories of all our rides together and hope that he has the same pleasure that I have had.

I suppose congratulations are in order. Consider yourself lucky to have been able to sell the bike in this economy and this late into the riding season. I hope your financial situation tuns around for you soon. Don't rush into buying another bike next year...you don't want to find yourself in this same mess again.

congrats on the sale,I guess? will you have visitation with the bike? I personally hate seeing stuff I sold it usually ends up being trashed

Sorry Billy I cant imagine what it would be like to be bikeless again. From what I understand if you can wait to 2013 Yamaha is going to have a rainbow addition Gen 3:jk: Remember the 15th I will be at Millville. TPM has a try the the track program. Its free and you get to do 10 to 15 minutes behind a control rider and you don't need full leathers. You can take my FZ if you like.

I suppose congratulations are in order. Consider yourself lucky to have been able to sell the bike in this economy and this late into the riding season. I hope your financial situation tuns around for you soon. Don't rush into buying another bike next year...you don't want to find yourself in this same mess again.

Very wise advice Tony. Billy, I strongly second this. The bikes are a lot of fun no doubt but keep as much reserve as you can for you and Richie for as long as you can. He'll grow up to be a great man like his dad and buy you an Aprilia Tuono.

I still have the magazine in which your bike was featured. I am sorry it had to come to this, but I'm glad it is going to a good home. I will make every effort to visit your bike, as I don't live far from Pilot8127. I've tried to meet up with him a couple times, but it just didn't work out. Now I shouldn't have a hard time picking him out.

Take care. All my prayers and hopes for things turn around for you and your family. Everyone has had to go with out in these times, I just feel lucky that it hasn't come down to my bike... yet anyway. Glad you'll still be around the forum. :cheers:

I don't know that I'd be able to stay off two wheels indefinitely. It would cause me to be a prisoner in my own home. My bike is the only economical way to get away and enjoy myself.

I know you're going to miss having a bike (not so much the rest of this year because riding season will be up soon). Now you just need to put yourself in a financial position to not have to sell the bike next time.

I'm sure when you're ready for the next bike there will be plenty of good deals out there...

Re: Sold !

I, myself, can hardly wait until Saturday ! I will meet up with Billy then, and get my first look at his shiny, black, masterpiece. I have followed his many, many threads (on this very forum) and read his many posts thru the last couple of years, and I got to thinking about the hundreds of man-hours he and many of his friends have invested in his 'baby'. I also began totalling up all the new and unusual parts he has so carefully installed, and, well, I still can't hardly believe it. Ooh,, , Those ANGEL EYES are killer !! The 'black' Gen-1 FZ's have a certain 'snarl' to them anyway when viewing from the front, then, to put in the halo's. Wow ! really makes a statement IMHO. I know that everytime I do my pre-ride walk-a-round, gently tickle the starter, and then carefully ease into the day's riding that, first and formost, - it will always be Billy's Bike !! Don't you worry Billy, I'll be gentle and, yes, I have a nice warm heated garage for her to rest in too.
See you Saturday.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words Gary. You've made this transaction so much simpler than I expected it to be. I called Gieco today to have the insurance removed and lo and behold, I'll be getting back 48 bucks as a refund! Not too shabby. What will make it all worthwhile is Monday morning when I walk into Richie's school and pay off his tuition for 6 months! It will take such a burden off my shoulders where I should be able to get a restful night's sleep for a change without having such stress as I have had for the last two months! In the end we'll all be happy with the outcome for sure. Just remember that she may go into shock over 8K rpm's since she's only been there 3 or 4 times tops and only for a few seconds. I never had the cajones! LOL!! I can't wait to meet up with you and I'm super happy because being that I had planned to run up to the mountain Sunday and the sale happened, my best buddy Sal said to take his 08' Fatboy instead. He's had it since new and has only been able to put less than 1,000 miles on it. He doesn't want it just sitting in the garage and wants it to be ran a little so my ride is back on!!! Okay, so it's a Harley!!! Hey! It's got two wheels don't it???!!! See ya Saturday. Call my house number when you have time so I can go over a couple of things related to a Bill Of Sale and such. I want to have everything ready for you when you arrive. Thanks.

Gary made it here from Indy in one piece and survived his drive through the Bronx. He is a great guy and I'm happy that if I had to let her go that she went to someone like him. We had a nice chat, buttoned up any loose ends and got her loaded lickity split into his pickup.

IMG_2301.jpg

He had a pretty neat setup for hauling in the back of his pickup and I took mental notes for the day I finally get a pickup of my own.

IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_2303.jpg

His Dodge was pretty cool and sounded pretty badass when he started her up.

IMG_2304.jpg

Finishing up all the tie downs to be secure for the long ride home.
IMG_2305.jpg

I may have a somber look on my face, but it was because I was telling Richie to turn off the flash on the camera. I'll be just fine with her leaving, knowing that Gary will be getting a ton of enjoyment out of her. He still has plenty of time to get a bunch of Fall rides in before Winter.

Here are the two us saying goodbye as he had to hit the road. He goes to the same barber as me!
IMG_2308.jpg

So another chapter finished and just waiting for a new one to start! Have a safe trip Gary and Godspeed!

what have you done Billy?? That guy is wearing a Harley jacket he's the enemy,ur bike is gonna end up at abiker party as the bike that they take shots at for a dollar!!!! :eek5::shame:

Back