I wanna go naked

I just got a 2008 and wanna lose my plastics. Done a little digging and all I really find is kits on ebay. Has anyone tried these kits and are they decent quality? Otherwise any advice on where to look for conversion kits? Would also like to change the rear plastics and lose the passenger handles. Would appreciate any insight!

I was looking at the same kits On eBay and was wounding the same, are the kits of any good? Looks like they are missing the rad sides.

I did the conversion. Got a headlight , bracket , and indicators along with the cover for under the clocks from a breakers in england. Yamaha parts. However I did check the eBay kit . It looks good. 're route the headlight loom back under the airbox. As it's massive. It tucks away nicely under the airbox. The rest can fold behind headlight with a few cable ties to make it tidy. My light came with the bulbs. In it so I just had to cut one parking light wire and 're join to make both my parking lights run on the single headlight. The other headlight wire and parking light block I taped up
. As it's no longer needed. Turned out a good job. Ps. Check the wires in the headlight block and clocks block. They can get brittle over time. Two of mine broke when I was out on the bike after conversion . Bike flashed hi temp on clocks fuel pump wouldn't prime and bike wouldn't start. . Easy fix . It's all good now.

Hello, new to the forum. Looking for help installing the conversion kit for the street fighter look.

Does anybody live in the Washington DC / Maryland area.

Thanks for any replys.

I've decided to do the naked conversion myself. I want to do the FZ8 headlight on mine. I've seen pics and I really like the look. I can't find any info anywhere about the parts required. I'm gonna just buy the headlight and upper pieces and give it a go. My main concern is figuring out which parts mount the headlight and gauges to the FZ1 triple clamp. I may have to just fab something up...?

Here are some pics I found on Google... (Not my bike)

FZ1 FZ8 1.jpgFZ1 FZ8 2.jpgFZ1 FZ8 3.jpg

Hello, I bought the kit online and had it installed. I love the new look. Good luck on what you come up with.
Care to share a pic or 2?

What kit did you buy? Got a link? How long did shipping take?

I’ve seen the various kits on EBay but was hesitant about quality and shipping time since they are mostly from China…

I've decided to do the naked conversion myself. I want to do the FZ8 headlight on mine. I've seen pics and I really like the look. I can't find any info anywhere about the parts required. I'm gonna just buy the headlight and upper pieces and give it a go. My main concern is figuring out which parts mount the headlight and gauges to the FZ1 triple clamp. I may have to just fab something up...?

Here are some pics I found on Google... (Not my bike)

View attachment 27259View attachment 27260View attachment 27261
It look really nice , clean work

Nice it’s going to look a lot better and less weight

Attachments

• 9139F576-F3C4-4F28-A7D6-A2A5005BBE71.jpeg
    9139F576-F3C4-4F28-A7D6-A2A5005BBE71.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 27
  • ACB48230-99A5-4866-AC1C-57C11D8242CF.jpeg
    ACB48230-99A5-4866-AC1C-57C11D8242CF.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 25
I reckon the FZ1 looks proper good with half fairing, and riding a naked one I sure see the benefit of you keeping your fairing. The wind blast makes anything over 120 a PITA which is a shame on a bike with such engine capacity

Back