Installed rear fender delete and LED blinkers tonight *Pics*

i64X

Some before and afters. Soldered everything - no vampire taps or anything like that. Took about 3 hours.

Tail before:

fz_tail_before.jpeg

Tail after:

fz_tail_after.jpeg

Tried to keep it clean underneith:

fz_tail_under.jpeg

Also tried to keep it clean under the seat:

fz_tail_wires.jpeg

Now on to the front... Giant "crab eye" blinkers.

fz_front_before.jpeg

fz_front_quarter_before.jpeg

And after:

fz_front_after.jpeg

fz_front_quarter_after.jpeg

I got the fender kit with 4 blinkers from a dude from Indiana on eBay. The blinkers blink amber and are really bright. Fender delete was coated really well and it shipped really fast. Well worth the $50 or so.

Last edited:
In the pictures on ebay it looks like it just uses 2. Most of them out there only uses 2. Unless you spend $100+ on it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

Yep. It's just two. I used some blue Lock-tite. After a few days it's still fine. Not too worried about it.

do the blinkers blink a normal rate or are they super fast? just ordered one anyway for the record im just curious lol

Last edited:
I basically did the same setup. Mine blink at about twice the rate.

I will say to be careful. I've have had 2 of those turn signals come apart on me. The threads for the bolts to hold on to are just stuffed into the rubber neck. My jeans caught on one and it came apart rather than bending and snapping back like the stock ones. The other one must have happened to it when i was putting on or taking off my cover because it doesn't stay aimed correctly now. I liked them but they are not holding up well for me

I basically did the same setup. Mine blink at about twice the rate.

I will say to be careful. I've have had 2 of those turn signals come apart on me. The threads for the bolts to hold on to are just stuffed into the rubber neck. My jeans caught on one and it came apart rather than bending and snapping back like the stock ones. The other one must have happened to it when i was putting on or taking off my cover because it doesn't stay aimed correctly now. I liked them but they are not holding up well for me

is there a way to slow down to the normal rate? theres something about a blinker that goes too fast that just annoys me... even if i cant see it while im riding - this is probably just a stop gap until i get a motodynamics tail but even then id like to keep stalks so finding a way to adjust the timing would be helpful

You have 2 choices to slow down your blink rate when switching to low resistance LED turn indicators.

1. Purchase resistors and wire them in. (Cheapest)
2. Purchase a flasher that allows a normal blink rate. (Easiest)

Both are available via Ebay.

I must be the only person in the world that thinks the stock tail looks nicer than the eliminators :cool:

I liked the stock one but mine kept vibrating loose. I'm guessing PO had fender eliminator and returned to stock before sale

After having my FE on for a couple months I like it more. We don't get much rain here and that is the only time I wish I had stock setup. I'd compare it to a girl wearing a bikini compared to granny undies. The FE really shows off her lines. Lol. No offense intended

Thanks for the links and info guys... Just ordered one. Got a big mod weekend coming up soon when I get my bid retrofit back. Can't wait to get the bike all set up, I'll be sure to share with u guys after

I have probably two pretty dumb questions but i will ask anyways. The first being, how did everyone attach the front signals neatly to the body work? And the second is regarding what i am assuming is the running light wire to the front signal, did everyone just attach that to the positive side as well?

Back