Insurance rates

If this has been beat to death, I apologize. I did a search and came up empty.
I was just wondering what you guys pay to insure these liter bikes.
I'm 49 years old, clean driving record.
I have a Harley fully covered already, so by adding the 2002 FZ1 with liability and $500.00 deductable on comp. , with NO coll. covergae, I'm paying 259.00 per year to add the FZ1. I don't think that's bad, or is it?
My Harley is about $600.00 per year for full coverage, including collision.

Here in NY if I was to fully insure my 2001 FZ1, I would be paying $1351.00 dollars! I was paying only $311.00 dollars a year for full coverage for my 05' Honda Spirit 750. Needless to say I have liability only for the FZ and I am still paying $361.00 a year. I am almost 48 years old and have had the same insurance company (Geico) without any accidents or violations since licensed in 1979. Well, except for a small incident on the FZ back in August...you can find the post here on the forum. But that incident still hasn't gone to court so it has no bearing on my status. These liter bikes can get you in trouble if your not careful with your throttle control! I'd say you doing just fine with the premium they are offering you.

Well my insurance rates aren't too bad over here in NJ...about the only thing that I'm not paying too much for.

39 years old, clean driving record. I'm paying $375 a year for my two bikes, 97 YZF1000 (liability only) and 06 FZ1 (liability + comprehensive w/ $500 deductible). This is through Progressive Insurance. The funny thing is that the premium for the 97 is more because of how the insurance company classifies it.

Northern perspective

I pay $662.00 for the year. $500.00 deductable. This is full coverage(Collision, theft, fire, and vandalism and $1000,000 liability). I have a clean abstract going back 20 years. This is a good rate compared to a few other insurance companies that I checked. For comparison, my 1986 FZ 600S (which I still have) costs me $150.00 for liability only.

Insurance in Houston is high. I pay about $800 per year for the FZ1 for full covereage and $500 deductible. I paid abo $600 for my old CBR 600 F4i. That is with a clean driving record and never having made any claims with State Farm in the 15 years I have been with them.

Progressive, full coverage, 250 deductible, 450.00 a year.

Dropped from 700 after first year.

Yea, I should see a drop in April of next year when it's time to renew again. Doubt it will be as great as yours, but I'll take whatever they want to give me :)

Coverage & Premium Information

Yamaha

BODILY INJURY & PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY $79.00
BI $100,000 EACH PERSON - $300,000 EACH ACCIDENT
PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY - $50,000 EACH ACCIDENT
COMPREHENSIVE $250 DEDUCTIBLE $44.00
COLLISION $250 DEDUCTIBLE $163.00
ACCESSORY COVERAGE $3,000 INCL
Premium by Vehicle $286.00
Policy Level Coverage
Uninsured Motorist - Non-Stacked $151.00
$25,000 Each Person/$50,000 Each Accident
$10,000 Property Damage Less $250 Deductible
Total Policy Premium $437.00

since everyone likes to see proof.....be it dyno/drag/etc.....I guess membership with USAA does have its privileges.....

I pay $350 every six months or $700 a year in Alabama for full coverage with State Farm. I have clean driving record and checked with Progressive and Geico and none of them could come close to State Farm, prob due to fact i have car and house policies with them also.

Just for the heck of it I tried an online quote from Geiko. Here is their quote:

Thank you for visiting geico.com and requesting a motorcycle insurance price quote.

We are pleased to offer you a rate quote for a GEICO Indemnity Motorcycle Policy.

Your total premium for a 12 month policy will be $2541.00.

Why do they even sell motorcycle insurance? Why would anyone on the planet pay that?

Just for the heck of it I tried an online quote from Geiko. Here is their quote:

Thank you for visiting geico.com and requesting a motorcycle insurance price quote.

We are pleased to offer you a rate quote for a GEICO Indemnity Motorcycle Policy.

Your total premium for a 12 month policy will be $2541.00. [/COLOR]

Why do they even sell motorcycle insurance? Why would anyone on the planet pay that?

Oh you mean you didn't jump on that deal :th_smiley_rotfl2[1] Seriously for that you might as well not ride...

was is it that you get such a wide variance in pricing for insurance...

I hope you called Geico and gave them you first/second/and third born for the year's worth of coverage....

Well I am happy with Stae Farm. Progressive is about $20 less per year but they require a deposit which I think is crazy.

P.S. Never having kids so it is hard to make deals with the devil and/or leprechauns.

I believe Geico is paying that little green gecko way too much! They should stop insureing motorcycles altogether if thats the best they can offer. Even my State Farm premium on my SUV is cheaper than my FZ1 and i'm pretty sure i can do more damage to someone elses car should i slam into them. Call me crazy but just seems to me that to insure a $9000 bike should be cheaper than say a $30,000 car, but what do i know. :banghead:

Here in the uk I pay £140.00 which works out to about $218.00 for full cover on my 09 fz 1 n I also pay £280 for full cover on my 08 cbr1000rr or about $436.00 i hav eto pay the first £500.00 of any claim both are protected no claims policies.:UK flag:

Well I am happy with Stae Farm. Progressive is about $20 less per year but they require a deposit which I think is crazy.

P.S. Never having kids so it is hard to make deals with the devil and/or leprechauns.

Then how about the promise of.....good for a line of insurance??

Back