Intergrated tail light suggestions?

I have the one from clear alternatives. Just as pricy but you dont have to cut any wires. Just plug your light plug into it. Cant remember on how the signals hooked in but I will look when I get home. I would make sure the one you get requires as littlw wire cutting as possibe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I bought one off flea bay for less then 50 bucks about a year ago, had to wire turn signals, but brake/run lamp was plug and play.

no issues at all.

I have the same one as Gamecock and it is easy to install just plug and play. The only thing I had to rewire was the license plate bulb.

I found this on amazon but it's a bit pricy

Amazon.com: 2006-2014 Yamaha FZ1 Integrated Sequential LED Tail Lights Clear Lens: Automotive

There are theses all over ebay:
Tail Light for Yamaha FZ1 Fazer FZS1000S 06 11 LED Integrated Turn Brake Smoke | eBay

I don't know that the smoked really looks smoked so much as just a bad paint job.

Can't anyone give their two cents?

Just received my Ebay light in the post today, smoked lens looks good and of a good quality, had a clear one on my last FZ and had no issues whatsoever but those motodynamics ones look cool with the modulating lights!

I found this on amazon but it's a bit pricy

Amazon.com: 2006-2014 Yamaha FZ1 Integrated Sequential LED Tail Lights Clear Lens: Automotive

There are theses all over ebay:
Tail Light for Yamaha FZ1 Fazer FZS1000S 06 11 LED Integrated Turn Brake Smoke | eBay

I don't know that the smoked really looks smoked so much as just a bad paint job.

Can't anyone give their two cents?
Like some others here, I have one from Motodynamics and like it (the Amazon one). Fabricated my own tag holder for a tail tidy job from sheet metal from Lowes. You do lose some brake light visibility off center with these. Say, if you're standing just a few feet from the bike in the 8 O'clock position or so...if that matters to you. Beyond a few feet back you get more light, and anyone who really would need to see a brake light or blinker can. Just as a friendly reminder (which I'm sure everyone is aware of), if you're getting rid of the fender, stay out of the rain and puddles.

i heard motodynamnics sometimes has brightness issues, any case there?

I believe that is what is being mentioned above. It is not as noticeable in the center because the LEDS are off center and point outward.

As a side note, I replaced my fender with a fender eliminator that has the indicators on it (stock). It sits low enough and the plate tilts out inline with the tail of the bike so it would keep stuff from shoot directly at my light - though obviously not a ton of protection...

tail

Motodynamic has just released the new version of the smoke tail light, claims to be 25% brighter. I just received mine today and should have it installed by the weekend...i have been emailing back and fourth with them and must say that the customer service is great. He also told me that because of demand they will be developing front flush mount signals for our Gen 2 FZ 's. Should be out in about 4 months..ill let you know how it goes.

Motodynamic has just released the new version of the smoke tail light, claims to be 25% brighter. I just received mine today and should have it installed by the weekend...i have been emailing back and fourth with them and must say that the customer service is great. He also told me that because of demand they will be developing front flush mount signals for our Gen 2 FZ 's. Should be out in about 4 months..ill let you know how it goes.

Pictures would be awesome. I would be interested in getting the flush mounted turn signals along with the newer tail if all goes well. I never sprung for one when I was putting my tail back together.

i heard motodynamnics sometimes has brightness issues, any case there?

My wife says when it's really bright out and the sun is shining on the tail it's hard to see the motodynamic light. However it's pretty da** hard to see any light in that case.
I really like the warning flash option... I'll often hit the brakes off and on a few times when pulling up to a busy intersection to ensure the guy behind me sees the light flash.

motodynamics LED tail light

Pictures would be awesome. I would be interested in getting the flush mounted turn signals along with the newer tail if all goes well. I never sprung for one when I was putting my tail back together.

ok the light is installed. VERY simple to do...just as a comparison: the stock tail light only lights up in the middle of the lens. The new motodynamics lights the complete lens and is bright, signals on sequential are awesome and the triple blink on brake application will hopefully wake up the A holes behind..i do repeat ...hopefully.. the 3 pictures below are as follows. 1- light off. 2- running light on and last brake light on.

So the new light is brighter than stock and brightness is no longer a concern?

That is awesome.

Thank you for providing the pictures and feedback

Back