Irene...

What a joke. Once again, completely blown out of proportion by the media.

I didn't even watch the news for just that reason. I fully understand that it's important to forecast the weather and to try and keep people safe but they, the media, are so hell bent on getting ratings that they make every storm, whether it be snow, rain, tropical, hurricane, etc., to be the biggest, baddest storm ever. The best was Al Roker this morning in Belmar, NJ standing at the shoreline with a 3" thick rope tied to a bench and him holding it wrapped twice around his arms, acting like he was holding on for dear life. Then about a minute into his report, two guys come walking down the boardwalk right past him like they were on a Sunday stroll in the park! Really Al??? Give us a break! It was too funny!

Not really Papa.... This had potential to be devastating and as we all know, weather is hard to track or predict so I'm thankful that they prepared us for the worst and we didn't get it.

Looks at it this way... I got the yard all cleaned up! ;)

You have no choice but to prepare for the worst. Especially after seeing what happened to New Orleans during Katrina. Unfortunately you have to prepare for the worst days in advance or it is simply to late to prepare or evacuate. Much better to prepare for the worst and have a dud than not prepare and have a bad one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope everyone made it through Irene with minor or no damage. I live just out of reach of the storm here in Maryland... Some friends near Baltimore are without power but other than that not as bad as expected.

Thanks Eric, me too. I don't think Tony faired as well though. When I saw the Doppler last night, it was pretty much on top of him. I hope all is well with him and everyone else over on the Jersey side.

Yea, we're doing ok here. Only lost cable. Didn't lose power so it wasn't too bad. However I have friends that live 6 miles away that had to be evacuated by the fire dept. They had over 5" of water on their street. Their neighbor's garage/basement was under water!

What a joke. Once again, completely blown out of proportion by the media.

Not really...I guess it all depends on where you were, but it was no joke around here. The winds were not that strong, but the amount of rain coming down last night was phenomenal.

well the storm passed got alot of water thru the foundation walls but now is the real bad time for me as i live on the passaic river in little falls and the water will not crest til tuesday afternoon. they are saying 14.2 on river height that will put the water over my basement windows. and it will put water thru hooters in wayne. so aot of sleepless nights in store for me.....

well the storm passed got alot of water thru the foundation walls but now is the real bad time for me as i live on the passaic river in little falls and the water will not crest til tuesday afternoon. they are saying 14.2 on river height that will put the water over my basement windows. and it will put water thru hooters in wayne. so aot of sleepless nights in store for me.....

Man! Sorry to hear that. I'm assuming that sump pumps will be of no use with the water that high? Let's hope that they are wrong about the water level.

Well, glad to see you in there Tony and that the only thing you lost was cable. Now you can concentrate on vacation. I hope they build up the beaches by the time you arrive.

Yea, well thanks to Irene there might be no vacation. Will find out tomorrow morning when I call the hotel...keeping fingers crossed.

Yea, well thanks to Irene there might be no vacation. Will find out tomorrow morning when I call the hotel...keeping fingers crossed.

I'm pulling for ya buddy! They are pretty good at clean-ups down there as they have been doing it for years. Being the last week before the holiday it's kind of their last chance to make money.

Tony & Spydar
I hope things work out well for you.
Hey us Jersey & NY & whomever folk need to plan a ride soon. I was going to post a couple dates but I got caught up with the Verizon strike.

All,
here's some pics from Sayreville NJ. I was spared any flooding thank God but it did come close. A few areas of town got it though. Here's pics of a road that got washed off and down into a cliff, a local Wawa convenience store and one of my favorite places, the Starland Ballroom- a great R&R club. All that water is their parking lot.

My wife's friend lost everything when her 1st floor apartment was up to her waist in water. The boats had to take her out. That was in Manville.

Last edited:
ok im semi back to normal after the wrath of irenestill need to get a new furnace and washer and dryer but at least i have hot water back :woot: so here are a few pics of what i had to deal with the last 9 days.......

Last edited:
Oh Buddy, I'm so sorry to see those pictures and to hear what you went through. I hope you can get back to normal, or as close to normal that is possible. I'm really sorry for the loss you and your family suffered. I hope thats the last time you see destruction like that in your home. If there is anything I can do, help with something during the rebuild, please let me know. I'm not an expert but am able to help.

My heart goes out to you Spydar. Best of luck with the rebuild, insurance and everything else.

Ditto ... so sorry man ... good luck with everything and getting back to somewhat normal life!

I hate to be the "materialistic one of the bunch" but where was the trusty FZ during all this???

Thanks for the support guys but the FZ was high and dry in the back yard.....its gonna take some time for us to rebuild from this one insurance company sucks. the adjuster still hasnt called well at least FEMA showed up but the hard part is im already 6 grand out of pocket trying to get my life back to normal.

Hi Spydar sorry to see what happened to your home. I cross my fingers all get sorted and repaired asap and you can forget this nightmare...take care friend!

Hi Spydar sorry to see what happened to your home. I cross my fingers all get sorted and repaired asap and you can forget this nightmare...take care friend!

thnx but to bad for me all this rain we been getting im getting round two shouldnt be as bad (i hope)

Back