Isle of Man TT 2013 vids

It's on my list. I'm planning a trip to explore the UK in 2015 but I may delay it in favour of visiting my girlfriend's home in Bavaria and explore the neighbouring alpine countries as well.

When I do go to the UK, I will make an effort to go during the TT week

I'd love to ride the course but I'd never reach those speeds. It's saying a lot about the rider when half of the MotoGP "pros" will not even attempt this course.

Is it true they have the course open for anyone to ride it at some point during the week or two?

I'd love to ride the course but I'd never reach those speeds. It's saying a lot about the rider when half of the MotoGP "pros" will not even attempt this course.

Is it true they have the course open for anyone to ride it at some point during the week or two?

I knew there was the parade portion which anyone can ride in. I also think there was 1 or 2 days were they open the course up before the racers start practicing

Yes, its called "Mad Sunday" the mountain section has unrestricted speed limits.

Isle of Man TT - webBikeWorld

No one died this year so hopefully they allow it to continue.

Yeah well I'd kick a$$ on the IOM, in the 49cc catagory! Even on my wife's slow as molasses GZ250 I'd wet my pants!

I just NEVER get tired of watching that race. And now that the entire thing is in Hi Def it is even better.

Simply the best!

Last edited:
It's mad Sunday every day for 2 weeks now. They make the mountain section one way for the 2 weeks as it stops everybody going mad on just the one day. There is no national speed limit on certain road sections all year round anyway. Anybody can ride the circuit when it's not closed for racing.

Just because there maybe no speeds limits doesn't mean it's safe to ride fast. I was there this year for the first time and there were some idiots about, doing silly speeds in heavy traffic.

It wasn't unusual for the mountain section to be closed several times a day to tidy up the odd accident.

Great place to go though fantastic atmosphere, with bikes passing within feet of the spectators at 150+ speeds. Nothing quite like it anywhere else.

Steve

Back