it hath been done.

picked up the 2009 cobalt blue fz-1 this morning. 4,865 miles on it. everything about it is fantastic. still under warranty for another month too. $6200. i am a happy camper today. hopefully get it registered on monday!

Paul, you, Papa, Eric and I will have to find a day we can all ride together this summer.

would be awesome. maybe sometime in june. if i get on the fire academy, then i won't have any time after june hahaha, but all that is still pending, so june is free for me. let's set it up some weekend!

Congratulations, but no pics = it didn't happen !

:needpics:

don't know why i took pics and am posting them (who here hasn't seen a stock cobalt blue '09 fz-1 before?) but here are some. went to the rmv, was about to finish registering the new bike when it was time for payment. NO CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS can be used for this at the MA rmv, cash or check only. so luckily the guy gave me a slip to cut in line when i came back with the cash. anyway, total time spent in the rmv on the two trips: 15 minutes, which is a victory in itself. anyway i went riding for about 30 minutes, because the roads were kinda wet and it was seriously overcast, but i had to get gas cause it was running on fumes, and i had the itch. i can't tell you guys how much i love this bike, and i know i don't have to because you fine gentlemen (and some ladies) are the select few that know exactly what i am talking about! anyway, here's some pics.

5751114495_1b64abd645_z.jpg

5751098599_e99594377c_z.jpg

5751652846_d37cc291a1_z.jpg

5751638026_a0e14271ea_z.jpg

5751655844_25a3b6a90f_z.jpg

this is pretty much the only thing wrong with the bike. there are a few small very slight scratches up on the tank from normal use, but this one on the stock pipe is pretty noticeable.
5751640082_58908e31ff_z.jpg

what can i use to "erase" this scratch? i was thinking black finger nail polish, but idk if that would look shitty, or what would happen when the pipe heats up. what do you think, any suggestions?

I've done this several times: Buy some Rustoleum Black spray paint, matte, gloss, whatever you like. Use tape and newspapers to cover everything around the black part of the muffler. Use rags or whatever to cover the bike and wheels so no stray mist gets on it. You don't even need to get the back part of the muffler because you'll never even see it. Just spray as far to the back as you can. It will look stock when you're done. Touch ups never seem to look good so spraying new paint over the entire surface does the trick.

what can i use to "erase" this scratch? i was thinking black finger nail polish, but idk if that would look shitty, or what would happen when the pipe heats up. what do you think, any suggestions?

First of all, congrats on the new ride! I also came up from an '01 FZ1 (blue, of course), to the '09...in the cobalt. I put 40K on the last one, and it was hard to let it go, but sometimes...

Second, if you are looking to "erase" that scratch, get an aftermarket exhaust! I know I will be getting one on mine before the summer is in full swing.

Enjoy, and ride safe!

Back