Ivan's ECU Flash

I wouldn't let anyone besides Ivan touch mine. His care, service and dedication to us says mountains to me. He will get mine once the snow flies

I wouldn't let anyone besides Ivan touch mine. His care, service and dedication to us says mountains to me. He will get mine once the snow flies

I agree. He Pm'd me before I got to him. He cares about his product, his customers and his reputation in a way I have rarely seen or heard of.

I would like to know that if you have the ECU flashed will you need all those performance parts Ivan lists? I would like the throttle response to be smooth and have no throttle snatch but I don't want a slip-on, PCV, AIS block, etc. etc.

The 2012 FZ1 has more than enough power for me and I never noticed the throttle snatch until I purposely shut the throttle. I guess I always rolled the throttle and never close it as I learned many years ago. However, it would be nice to have a smoother throttle curve.

The PCV is a must have for Ivan's flash. There's no two ways around that one as he changes the timing, gear restrictions and flies opening parameters.
You wouldn't need to touch the AIS if you aren't installing a slip-on.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Looks like I'll stay with the stock set up. Like I said, I rode almost 5,000 miles on it and never noticed the throttle snatch until I forced myself to abuse the grip.

The thing that I liked most after the ECU flash was the linear power. It just made everything more predictable. I thought I had smooth throttle control until I bought a Gen II FZ1. I would get irritated in traffic, playing in the twisties, etc with not being able to know how my bike would respond.

I finally took my bike to Ivan after waiting for the money and the time (stupid work!), and I wish I would have done it sooner! I already had most of the mods, full exhaust, PCV. When I went to Ivan's he did his air box mod (awesome), added a BMC air filter, synched the throttle bodies and other small things. Overall the experience was awesome! Service at a level you rarely find.

The ride back to Connecticut was so much more than I hoped. The bike was so much smoother, that my passenger noticed!

Taking my bike to Ivan truly made my FZ1 what I wanted it to be. I know that I will never have an FZ1 without having the ECU done by Ivan. I will be in California for the next one, so I will be forced to mail it in!

In case I wasn't clear, IT WAS THE BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT!

I'm using this on my R6 and there is an FZ1 option Flash-Tune Inc
Allows me to change my ECU maps anytime or reflash it to stock, also I am able to turn off AIS, EXUP and tweak
the speedo for gearing changes. Saved money because I didn't have to buy block off plates, EXUP emulator
or speedo healer.

You are comparing this ^^^ to a custom tune that truly works, not half-assed does what it should, or makes it better in one area and worse in another?

I am glad you saved money, but you are way off target here! My humble opinion is you get what you pay for and this is "a way" of changing your bike, but not the best way by far.

I'm glad you like this for the R6, but it isn't applicable to the FZ1 and the only years they support are 06-09.

Looks like I'll stay with the stock set up. Like I said, I rode almost 5,000 miles on it and never noticed the throttle snatch until I forced myself to abuse the grip.

Best to ask Ivan with a PM. I'd heard there was a base flash for a stock bike and I'm not sure whether the PCV was required or not. But asking Ivan directly is the only way to get a solid answer. ;)

Best to ask Ivan with a PM. I'd heard there was a base flash for a stock bike and I'm not sure whether the PCV was required or not. But asking Ivan directly is the only way to get a solid answer. ;)

I had planned to but I saw that he doesn't take email only phone calls. I'm not sure what his user ID is to PM him.

My ECU is arriving to Ivan's. I am sure no one can do better job in this bike that him, just search in the forum the big work he have from the start of this model Gen II. And with the flash you can change the fuel map when you want and re-ajust if you get more mods on your bike. Perfect!

My main reason for this mod was not the power but expecting the bike becomes more smooth, more control on the throttle,the power becomes like extra! The ones that become from carburator or other bikes that don't have all this restrictions know the difference expected after the flash.

Thanks, I just sent him a PM describing my riding habits and needs.

Give me a call on the phone during the day please... I don't type very well
(old and slow with 2 fingers)

I'm sure that you will have many questions... this is much better answered be me in person. :tup:

Thanks,

Ivan

Well my riding season has been interrupted so I thought why not and ripped the ecu and shipped it off to Ivan yesterday. Being in Oz I am guessing it will be around 2 weeks there and back for freight but I cant wait.

My new to me r1 rear shock and satan adaptor arrived from forum member 2stang (thanks 2stang) - so it will be a double whammy - reflash and resprung when I next ride my girl :Rockon: gonna be interesting :)

Now if I could find a R1 front end for a decent price in decent condition I could really transform my girl......

Back