Ivan's Reflash?

Nope... she can barely tip-toe with the stock height but we might be able to get the shorter shock and return the link to pretty much OEM height then leave the forks where they are in the triples. At her size, the FZ1 forks are no issue for her. We did discuss it at lunch today and she agreed that I can raise the back up some comfortably. I'll adjust it tonight.

And hitting up Patrice is a great idea!

Daytona Lady Star and M-Star boots may be worth a look. Nice quality boot that has some built in lift for the vertically challenged .

You're a patient man Blanchy. I'd have ripped it up! And you have heated grips.... go for it!

Was this adding the Power Commander at the same time as the flashed ECU? You did not have one before? And you did set the TP min/max, right? ;)

Mine is in a postal worker's hands in Congers, NY right now... waiting for him to get to Ivan's. Hoping for the call this afternoon from da man!

Had the PCV before. Just had to set the TPs. It will help if you have a spotter give you a hand with that especially the max, it only flashes up for a brief moment. Took about an hr for me to do as I was careful to keep the temps within range.

Had the PCV before. Just had to set the TPs. It will help if you have a spotter give you a hand with that especially the max, it only flashes up for a brief moment. Took about an hr for me to do as I was careful to keep the temps within range.

Probably easier for you with the cooler temps... it's hot here! I'll have to be really quick. I'll have Michele spot for me. Did you manage anything between 0.640 and 0.645? Ivan said up to 0.650 is OK but best results were closest to the 0.640 setting.

So, yes, I just got off the phone with Ivan about 30 minutes ago. My ECU had it's Spa treatment and a massage from Ivan. It's headed back tonight and I'll have it on my desk Friday. Friday night will be busy and Saturday will be the OMG ride of my life! (I hope!) Got my custom Ivan map in email and synched it with home on Google Drive. Printing his two stickies to take home too.

Hope your maiden voyage is notably spectacular! Report back afterward. :tup:

Sorry for my ignorance. What are the TPs?

That would be the "Throttle Position Sensor" which is found on the right side of the bike attached to the throttle bodies, at least on the GenI's they are. I think it is on the same side on the fuel injected bikes as well. If I'm wrong someone should correct me. It's a little black sensor attached by two Torx Screws, and can be adjusted by slightly loosening the screws and twisting it either clockwise or counter-clockwise. On a GenI it's adjusted usually after synching the carbs, so I assume it's the same deal after synching the Throttle Bodies too.

Did the maiden voyage but had a late start which meant heaps of traffic and the need to show restraint. Can't comment on the power side of things yet as a result but had an unexpected benefit. The fleshy part of my right thumb gets very painful after about 25 min of riding usually. This did not happen this morning. Might be coincidence but I think the smoother throttle especially at light loadings like cruising on the Freeway might have helped.

With how smooth Ivan made the bike run, I'm betting you're not getting much buzz/vibration at all now. Awesome! I'm looking forward to this. I have Ivan's documents printed and ready. The map is here... I'll make the recommended settings and get it all installed. Once in, I intend to sync the throttle bodies and I also want to check/adjust the thermo wax as well.... want everything spot-on before I ride it.

Keep the reports coming!

Really didn't notice any change in engine vibes but its pretty smooth anyway. More that keeping a constant speed seems easier with light throttle settings.

Ivanized ECU #00076 is on my desk. SWEET! Thanks Ivan! Looks like fun stuff tonight...

attachment.php

re-flash

It's such a worthwhile mod, when I had ny ECU re-flashed and mapped on a dyno, it went from 122 rwhp to 147rwhp, and this is without messing with the flies and cutting up airbox. The thing has a significant increase in torque in the low to mid rev range (feels so much smoother/easier to pull away from a stop), in fact power is up everywhere! NO MORE jerkiness on the throttle, smooth as silk, it is the BEST mod in my opinion for the Gen 2, totally transforms the bike and makes for a much more enjoyable ride!

Ok.... ECU is installed. Ivan's map is loaded up, Throttle is set for min/max in the software, Idle is set correctly, warmed the bike to 170, loosened the TPS screws and initially, my value was 0.773 which was not good! I carefully adjusted and with the temp at 174 degrees, nailed 0.640! Locked the TPS in place.

I only need to sync the TBs tomorrow. I did get the Morgan Carbtune Pro hooked up and a quick check shows I'm not even close to synched. I did not feel like messing with it tonight and it was getting late. My neighbors wouldn't take to kindly to me tuning a running bike at this hour..... Tomorrow....

So far, it all looks and sounds awesome on the center stand. Once the sync is done, I'll get that first ride in. :D More tomorrow... good night!

Ok.... ECU is installed. Ivan's map is loaded up, Throttle is set for min/max in the software, Idle is set correctly, warmed the bike to 170, loosened the TPS screws and initially, my value was 0.773 which was not good! !

Now I know why that crazy lean Graves map runs good in your bike and rich maps don't. ;) looking forward to you're review :)

Now I know why that crazy lean Graves map runs good in your bike and rich maps don't. ;) looking forward to you're review :)

I know... I loaded that and the new Ivan's into Excel then on the third worksheet, calculated the differences.... Holy CRAP! Graves REALLY leaned it out a lot. Imagine if the TPS was set correctly? I wonder if that map would even run the bike now?

Part of me wishes I'd just left the sync alone but now that I looked at it, I'm anal enough to go the work to make it right. Sometime I hate that about me, but my boss just loves it. :p

I know... I loaded that and the new Ivan's into Excel then on the third worksheet, calculated the differences.... Holy CRAP! Graves REALLY leaned it out a lot. Imagine if the TPS was set correctly? I wonder if that map would even run the bike now?

I tried your Graves map and my bike ran so bad I don't think I used it for more than 5 minutes . We have almost the exact same mods and the bikes liked such different mapping that I assumed it was different factory mapping from Yamaha ( different year bikes ) TPS setting never occurred to me.

Guess different TPS setting explains why some bikes always seemed to prefer a rich or lean map.

I bet my TPS setting is real close top PapaGenos and Dukens , all running the same map with similar mods and very happy with our maps ( that many called pig rich ) :lol

I tried your Graves map and my bike ran so bad I don't think I used it for more than 5 minutes . We have almost the exact same mods and the bikes liked such different mapping that I assumed it was different factory mapping from Yamaha ( different year bikes ) TPS setting never occurred to me.

Guess different TPS setting explains why some bikes always seemed to prefer a rich or lean map.

I bet my TPS setting is real close top PapaGenos and Dukens , all running the same map with similar mods and very happy with our maps ( that many called pig rich ) :lol

That is correct... I also never gave the TPS setting a thought. I'd tried maps that were great on many bikes but my bike ran like crap. Perhaps setting the TPS should be a first step for anyone installing a Power Commander!?!

I will be toying with the sync later today. We're taking my daughter and granddaughter out to an orchard to pick peaches and some early crop apples. After we're back, it's out to the Busted Knuckle garage for the final touches. I also have to change the oil and filter on both our bikes. Her bike isn't running great so I'll be working on hers next. Thinking of at least Ivan's basic flash for it. She's only got the K&N filter, AIS delete and Two Bros slip-on.

As for the sync, the manual states 225 mmHG (22.5 cmHG on the Morgan CTP) but I see pics on other threads where they are between 26 and 27? The manual only states to "Warm the bike up for several minutes" but no temp. I noticed on the Morgan that at running temp, I'm up in the 26 - 27 range with #3. If memory serves me correct, the initial time I sync'd and tried to achieve 22.5, I ran out of adjustment and nearly backed a screw out of the bike and at the lowest possible setting, my bike ran like crap. 22.5 *must* be a number for a very cold engine. I'll shoot for running temp and balanced at 26-27 on the meter...

BTW, thermo wax was still within spec. No need for any adjustment.

More later folks! Enjoy your weekend to the fullest!

I've been following this post for a while and I am really intersted in ivans ecu flash, I have pcv blocked ais, airbox mod, no flies, bmc filter, slip on cat gut, I want to get the flash but that has to wait until winter because my bike is my only ride to work currently. My question to anyone out there with similar mods running jondaddy82 map (or any stage 3 map) and is really happy with results what is your min tps setting? If adjusting mine will make it better I'm all for it. Currently seems to be lean at lower rpms and still pops on heavy decel. My tps is currently .754

Back