Just bought a 2009 Yamaha fz1 with 13,000 miles.

Hello everyone. First time getting into a forum website. Just got a 2009 Yamaha fz1 with 13,000 miles and would like to learn from experienced/long time riders with the same bike. Just got the bike and fell in love with it on the first ride and would like to keep it in good condition. As of now i just ordered a new stator flywheel rotor for the bike as i've read this can cause issues. Im curious as to what other preventative maintenance can be done to keep this bike in good working condition. Any advice/tips are welcomed!

Attachments

• 2009 yamaha fz1.jpg
    2009 yamaha fz1.jpg
    1,015.9 KB · Views: 7
That's probably about it assuming it hasn't sat unused for long periods. If it sits too long there are a number of people that have had to clean the tank and change the fuel pump. Also, the seals in the water pump/oil pump can leak oil or water from the weep hole in the oil pan. Hopefully these will not apply to you!

Hello everyone. First time getting into a forum website. Just got a 2009 Yamaha fz1 with 13,000 miles and would like to learn from experienced/long time riders with the same bike. Just got the bike and fell in love with it on the first ride and would like to keep it in good condition. As of now i just ordered a new stator flywheel rotor for the bike as i've read this can cause issues. Im curious as to what other preventative maintenance can be done to keep this bike in good working condition. Any advice/tips are welcomed!
Welcome to the FZ1 life! I have an 09’ as well. 65k miles…Great bike, you will enjoy. Their is endless knowledge here. Read up and ask questions. Doesn’t matter if its been asked before. Us FZ1 owners are a dyeing breed and are looking for any excuse to talk about our bikes. Can’t think of anything I really needed to do except for that rotor replacement. Just do a good inspection of all the equipment/components(don’t ask about oil).

Joe

That's probably about it assuming it hasn't sat unused for long periods. If it sits too long there are a number of people that have had to clean the tank and change the fuel pump. Also, the seals in the water pump/oil pump can leak oil or water from the weep hole in the oil pan. Hopefully these will not apply to you!
thanks for the advise! the bike was pretty active from the previous owners and well taken care of but good to know those can be potential problems. exactly what i was hoping to get some insight.

Welcome to the FZ1 life! I have an 09’ as well. 65k miles…Great bike, you will enjoy. Their is endless knowledge here. Read up and ask questions. Doesn’t matter if its been asked before. Us FZ1 owners are a dyeing breed and are looking for any excuse to talk about our bikes. Can’t think of anything I really needed to do except for that rotor replacement. Just do a good inspection of all the equipment/components(don’t ask about oil).

Joe
Thank you! I'm loving every minute of it, such an underrated motorcycle for sure. Got the rotor ordered and will probably replace it this coming weekend just for peace of mind. A thorough inspection is always a good idea. Thanks for the advise!

Back