Just Got It

Just picked up a 2012 on Wednesday after trading in my HD Wide Glide. Just never felt in control and definitely didn't fit in with the crowd. Got tired of constantly dicking around replacing/changing parts trying to like it.

Did a pseudo break-in on the 50+ mile ride home, changed the oil and filter, tightened up the throttle play, hooked up a battery charger harness (not real happy with positioning, probably redo). If the garage ever cools off I'm hoping to put on some Pro Grip 714s yet tonight.

First liter bike, first inline four. Power is effing amazing! Might need a different seat. Been lurking and reading up on mods, etc.

Welcome to the site and congrats on the new ride!

I wasn't happy with my charger lead so I bought a 24" SAE to SAE extention, connected and taped it up then ran it under the tank following the harness up to the handlebars and zip tied it to the cable guide at the top triple.

Seats? Many options. Several who mod stock seats and then the replacements. I went with the Top Saddlery from France. I like 'em so much, this was the fifth time I'f used their saddles on bikes.

Lots of mods with this model as it is in its eighth year! Given the feedback and having done a ton to my own, I'd recommend suspension first and performance later.... You'll appreciate the better ride before you'll need more performance. ;)

Just picked up a 2012 on Wednesday after trading in my HD Wide Glide. Just never felt in control and definitely didn't fit in with the crowd. Got tired of constantly dicking around replacing/changing parts trying to like it.

Did a pseudo break-in on the 50+ mile ride home, changed the oil and filter, tightened up the throttle play, hooked up a battery charger harness (not real happy with positioning, probably redo). If the garage ever cools off I'm hoping to put on some Pro Grip 714s yet tonight.

First liter bike, first inline four. Power is effing amazing! Might need a different seat. Been lurking and reading up on mods, etc.

1. Go to Mobile 1 synthetic 10w-40w for smoother shifts.
2. You will need to tighten the clutch at the lever after about 1k-1.5k miles.
3. Guy on the forum here will redo your stock seat.
4. Congratulations on the bike that does nothing over the top, but everything well as a package. It simply works.

I wasn't happy with my charger lead so I bought a 24" SAE to SAE extention, connected and taped it up then ran it under the tank following the harness up to the handlebars and zip tied it to the cable guide at the top triple.

I'd recommend suspension first and performance later.... You'll appreciate the better ride before you'll need more performance. ;)

I rerouted the lead to under the passenger seat, rather than coming out of the undertail. Makes more sense as I can just pop the seat to hook up a charger if I'm going to be gone for a while or during the winter.

So far I'm liking the stock/dealer suspension setup.

Miami Vice fan are ya???

Yep! How did you guess?

1. Go to Mobile 1 synthetic 10w-40w for smoother shifts.

I'm partial to Shell Rotella-T; dino for the first 600 miles, then synthetic.

Back