Keihin FCR Flatslide Carbs?

I don't know the answer to your question. . .
You could probably reinvent the wheel and install a different set of carbs or you could look at the common mods that most GenIers do. Check out Ivan's site:
Ivan's Performance Products
People seem pretty happy with the carb mods / products that he offers. The stock carbs with mods seem to produce ample power and good driveabilty. Certainly, a lot of time and effort went into the development which would be hard to match on your own with the FCRs. FCRs will also be much more $. Have fun!

My fz is a gen 2 but i bought a 41 fcr from sudco for my 93 klx 680R. I A B it at the dyno and picked up 4.5 hp. On something that makes 55 to the tire thats huge! The throttle response was wayy better. I say do it.

I don't think they would work.

The downdraft carbs would need to rotate 90 degrees to mount to the Gen 1 cylinder head. This would also rotate the floatbowls 90 degrees out from where they were designed to work.

But with enough time and money most anything can be made to work. Best of luck trying.

They have two styles, one is level with the intake, they is at about 45 degrees. There is a kit for the older R1, so it should work.

Flatslides have much less mass than CVs.

If they do fit that would be cool. Couple those with high lift cams, and some high comp pistons, and that puppy will FLY!

Back