Latest mods almost complete and I’m getting a little exited….

Latest mods almost complete and I’m getting a little excited….

My full Yoshi system with R77 carbon fibre has arrived and the headers are bolted on, a set of block off plates and my ECU are in transit form the USA having been flashed by Ivan, the front and rear foot peg frames are at the powder coaters getting coated black, my PCV has Ivan’s map in it ready to go, I already opened up the air box and fitted a K&N.

Just have to put it all back together once the ECU arrives and reset the PCV throttle position / open close points and I’m back on the street, hopefully with a transformed bike.

Boo-Yah!

Edit: Getting "Excited" not exited.

Last edited:
Take your time to set the Throttle Position. Best to get it right the 1st time so you don't have to lift the tank all over again. Same set up I've got and it is a beast. Enjoy.

Very nice! Congrats on both the bike and the mods! Be careful with the throttle until you're used to that new ECU... it's a BEAST!

My wife and I have the K&N filters and didn't have to modify them. Fit like a glove. ;) Are you sure it's the correct part number?

Did you get your airbix to seal right with the k&n? Both my wife's 8 and my 1 I had to grind the metal trim ring down to get the lids to seal properly.

I ended up doing the same as you did. Still a very slight (Hair width) gap. K & N solved my problem by sending another filter that didn't fit either.

Very nice! Congrats on both the bike and the mods! Be careful with the throttle until you're used to that new ECU... it's a BEAST!

My wife and I have the K&N filters and didn't have to modify them. Fit like a glove. ;) Are you sure it's the correct part number?
Absolutely there was a big thread aboot it on here. The metal retainer ring holds the side of the air box open just a bit, just enough so it doesn't get a good seal. I'd put money on if you go look at the side of your air box you will see a gap right where it widens for the throttle bodies. You don't even have to lift the tank just get a flashlight and look thru the gap between the tank and frame.
If it is like that trim the ring not the box!

I ended up doing the same as you did. Still a very slight (Hair width) gap. K & N solved my problem by sending another filter that didn't fit either.
Yup same here. I did get a free filter out of the deal tho. They sent me a replacement for the first and never asked for the old one back. Once I told them the new one didn't fit, they wanted that back but still didn't say anything about the first one.
So neither did I. Figured it was fair for the hassle of having to fit 2 filters since they can't make a product that fits.

Last edited:
Back