Lightening strikes...

So, my bike was... was plugged in here on the tender.... luckily she fired right up.... don't know if the tender survived or not... extension cable that was plugged in blew out.

managed to come into my cable modem and fry everything connected to my lan... cable modem, bluerays, ps3, cable box.... ugh.... ran out and bought a new cable modem, so at least have internet.

Was crazy, bright light, big bang... smoke... ears ringing.... luckily family ok

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1409627590304.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1409627590304.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 56
At least it was only things and all people/family are OK! That's the main thing. Those lightening strikes are scary for sure. Secondly, the bike still runs! Tenders are cheap, for the most part. Stay safe!

wow! That is crazy. does homeowners insurance cover that?

That was my first thought, but, by the time I throw out my deductible, won't be much left to get out of it, most expensive thing I lost was the ps3, and it's only $250 new. Rest were $40-50 gadgets.
Just pulled that socket, wires behind good, so it literally just blew the extension cord out, leaving behind a trail of carbon.

Glad it did not start a fire! Time to revisit the ground rod and wire and make sure everything is correct. That should have all gone to ground!

A LONG time ago, lightening struck a tree in my in-laws front yard.....split the darn thing in 2 pieces and burned for a few hours. Luckily that was the only damage.
Scary stuff, glad it didn't start a fire at your place & all is ok!

I was driving on I-75 last month and lightning struck the road about fifty feet in front of my car while I was doing 70mph. There was a bright flash and a loud bang or explosion. I almost crapped in my underpants, but did manage a few F-bombs. Lightning is extremely dangerous.

Back