Lions road tt - australia's answer to sturgis meets isle man

JMEMGC

http://lionstt.com/

The Lions TT Motorcycle Festival, including café racer sprint, is aiming to embed a history and tradition for all varieties of motorcycles, riders and enthusiasts. As three-day and night motorcycle festival we have created an event that It is open to all motorcycle brands, types of custom motorcycles and racing industry characters.

The Lions TT Group, along with its partners and sponsors, aim to make this THE Motorcycle Event that enthusiasts dream of, making it an annual "must-do" pilgrimage....think Sturgis meets the Isle of Man TT.

Scheduled for the 4-6 of October. For those of you not from Northern NSW or Sth East QLD, the area between Kyogle and Rathdowney see ALOT of bike traffic and there are some exceptional stretches of roads (with not much hassle from the cops lol). Lyons Rd itself is not the best surface but can be fun if at a lesser speed. What they are planning is closing a 40km section of Lions Rd to Non entrants which will make the ride that much more fun :). Also a 3 days biker's social meeting with Vendor and a 1/8th "Motorcycle Sprint" track in Kyogle. Doesn't say if that a 18th Mile short course track or a 1/8th Mile drag..

Myself and a few mates have already decided we will be going and from the Buzz around the GC there will be a strong showing from us locals. Thought I would put it up here and let everyone know what is in the works. Its going to be interesting and it really wouldn't suprise me if there was never a second event.

Anyone else keen ?

Wish I could be there for an event like that. I'm not a Daytona, Sturgis or Laconia type of person, but Americade in Lake George, NY is one of my bucket list week vacations.

We have very very little here in Australia when it comes to Motorcycle celebration. Probably our only really big bike focused party is the Phillip Island Moto GP. So it wold be great if something came along for all bikers here in Oz to be able to go to. Also the chance to legally run some closed roads is too good to say no to :)

Back