Lower cowl Yamaha Decals.

DJ NEZZ

I got a set of earlyer Yamaha 1000 tank decals for my new lower cowl and have just fitted them. They are smaller than the R1 lower Yamaha decals and are silver to match my silver motor. I got the idea after seeing some of the later FZ1s with gold wheels and gold Yamaha decals on there lower cowl, looks great matching. My decals are separate letter transfers and there part number is 99246-00160.

Looks great. I did the same thing in gold, but I must admit I copied Jwhelan65 after seeing a pic of his bike. I found the decals on eBay and you could order them in any color that you want...

I took it a step further and had the FZ1 decals made in gold also. I put one over the stock logo and added one to the tail section...

101811005.jpg

Ohh man ,, hope you guys have that beautiful GOLD for your (black or granite gray) helmets !! That would rock !! :yes:

I usually just go with plain 'ol matte black and grey gear. I'm not much into gear matching. I did get a cool copper carbon fiber HJC helmet but I decided it's just a little too big so I decided to put it up for sale. I'll post it up in the classifieds...

I did briefly consider the Shoei X-12 Chris Vermeulen, but I couldn't bring myself to spend the $600 on it...

$(KGrHqUOKiME13nrv!RZBNgQ02YrEg~~0_35.JPG

Helmet matching

I usually just go with plain 'ol matte black and grey gear. I'm not much into gear matching. I did get a cool copper carbon fiber HJC helmet but I decided it's just a little too big so I decided to put it up for sale. I'll post it up in the classifieds...

I did briefly consider the Shoei X-12 Chris Vermeulen, but I couldn't bring myself to spend the $600 on it...

$(KGrHqUOKiME13nrv!RZBNgQ02YrEg~~0_35.JPG

Mmmmhhh , , ,,very interesting there Jboat. I, myself, like to match up my helmets with my bikes . . . sorta like the way the girls match up their shoes to the outfit that they have on at the time. I have many different "riding" moods these days and I like to look the part for any given mood . . . . . heh,heh.
I don't have any carbon fiber clothes though to match your CF helmet. Rats !
:cheers:

Thanks for all your good comments guys. Jboat your FZ1 looks really nice with all that gold and your mods are awesome. Im with you pilot8127 in matching my riding gear to my cobalt blue Fazer, my helmet is Shoei XR-1100 Monolith TC-2 Blue/Black and Spidi blue GP leather jacket. When we go anywhere we are a style and fashion statement (bike and kit) and other bike riders look with envy everywhere I go. Im a proud FZ1 owner same as all you guys in the States. Good luck and safe riding.:cheers:

I got these faux carbon fiber ones from an FZ6 forum member in the UK. Love them on the lower cowl.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hi stretched06 and FZ1inNH, you too both have really nice FZ1s with awesome mods. Those carbon fiber decals look much better than my tank stickers, Im cazy about anything C/F. Stretch your new paint is hot and your bike is starting to grow on me, last months picture of your burnout was great too.:cheers:

Looks great. I did the same thing in gold, but I must admit I copied Jwhelan65 after seeing a pic of his bike. I found the decals on eBay and you could order them in any color that you want...

I took it a step further and had the FZ1 decals made in gold also. I put one over the stock logo and added one to the tail section...

101811005.jpg

May i ask where did you buy this lower cowl from? I have seen several around the internet and ebay. I am just not ready to spend the $700 to get it from Yamaha. Can anyone lead me in the right direction? :thewave:

Back