Lowsided...what to do?

Ok so here's the deal...I lowsided taking a left turn in a parking lot at about 30-40 km/h and the bike slid into a small curb. :ugh:

The forks, guage cluster, left side foot pegs, tank, radiator and rear fairing are damaged.

Does the bike have a tip sensor? what do I need to do to get it started?

All information is much appreciated!

Thanks all.

I tried that a couple of times but no luck...i haven't had a chance to take a good look at everything yet as I have been tending to my injuries for the past week.

Do you think I should get a diagnostic done before attempting anymore starts?

Sorry to hear about the lowside. If cycling the key on/off/on does not reset. Perhaps disconnect battery for a few.
Failing that, I would look at the kickstand switch.

do you have the service manual? You can get into diagnostics mode and clear the error code for the lean angle sensor.

Check the Clutch lever switch and make sure the wires are connected there. Check the kickstand switch and make sure that it is wired and the kickstand actuates the switch properly.

Sorry to hear about the off! Post some pics of the damage and we will see about getting you under repair if insurance isn't covering it. Heal fast!!

Here's the extent of the damage...the forks are bent and the foot pegs on the left side are gone, the right side of the bike is untouched...the front wheel looks ok besides a scuff on the rim edge where it meets the tire although i dont know if i trust it.

Last edited:
ya im ok, what happened was i low sided and bike continued without me straight into a concrete curb (who puts a curb there :looseit: lol) i'll heal, the bike on the other hand will need a little more TLC

ya im ok, what happened was i low sided and bike continued without me straight into a concrete curb (who puts a curb there :looseit: lol) i'll heal, the bike on the other hand will need a little more TLC

Ouch! Perfect example why bikes don't have seat belts. Good thing you stayed behind.

There is no reason why is shouldn't start. The tilt sensor will reset when the bike is upright. Check that the kill and the kickstand switches are working correctly.

Get better.

That will take a lot of TLC. I did not realize it was a GEN I... No diag mode on that one. :(

Glad you're OK and will ride again! Forks can be had on ebay fairly cheap and the rest you can post up some WTB ads here and on the other forum.

What happens when you turn the key? Nothing? Engine turns over but won't start? Wierd sounds?

The bike is totaled. Turn it into the insurance co. and get a new one. If --- no insurance -- you're screwed. :)

Wow!!!!

Thats a whole bunch of damage for a 20-30 mph lowside. Didn't do 1/2 that damage with my 20-30 mph highside.

Goodluck....at least your OK...............

Laid mine down a couple of weeks ago too. Not nearly as bad though. Gotta figure out abs plastic repair for my side fairings. I feel you dude. It suck but you're still here to tell about it.

I'd been watching too much moto GP. Ahhhh my hand is broken!!!! :confused0024:

ough!!! glad you're ok...I'd look to see what you still can get for this bike or try selling off the good parts...and see for a suitable replacement...or as suggested scout ebay etc ..;there are enough parts around to mend your bike...

The bike is totaled. Turn it into the insurance co. and get a new one. If --- no insurance -- you're screwed. :)

Mine was quoted very pricey! If you are going to fix it yourself, the parts alone aren't cheap!
You must have disconnected the kickstand safety somehow. When you tip it, it kills the ignition... but all that needs to remedy is turn the key off, then back to on. If the safety still detects a fault, then that is where to look.

I am not even going to go into how much all the cosmetic stuff is!

Glad you didn't get hurt too bad (except your pride! Been there :()

Well, should you decide to try and mend, ive got some parts to possibly throw in the mix.

Forks and tank (maybe front rim) are the big ticket items and you can pick up tank from deandinnetz on the "rehto" forum for around three bills (factory colors to boot). Ive seen fork for around 3-500. Upper fairing for around 100. Rims for around 150 (single) and 400 for pair (sometimes complete).

Insurance company will probably be in excess of 4k

Ill have to search items to see what i have available, not any of the big ticket items mentioned above.

Rear tail silver
Brake /clutch
all oem covers/fairing inserts
Head tube
signals (front/rear)
Front fender carbon fiber
oem seats

And other misc items.

Unfortunate for your low side, but better the bike than you.

Well, I have a black upper fairing, already sanded and ready for paint if he wants for 100 bucks plus shipping. PM me if you decide to fix her up and need a fairing. Headlights for unit were previously sold so it's just the fairing.

If it was mine I would let the insurance company total it. Of course if you do, expect your rates to go sky high. They all say that won't happen but I've been there and it does. Or, you can spend a lot of time shopping and do the work yourself and piece it back together and get the gratification of making it like "new" by yourself. You just have to be determined that yo can do it.

Back