Magnetic tank pad / Bra all-in-one

I found an interesting product. A Gen 1 guy is selling a blue colour matched one on the FZ1OA site. I had never heard of this product. Interesting idea to make an all-in-one Tank bra and pad that is magnetic and form fitting. For the Gen 2 they only have Black, Gloss Black and "Carbon look". If it fits like the photos in the picture it might be a handy product.

Here is the link for your viewing pleasure: Yamaha Gallery

Interesting! It would have to me one CLEAN tank to slap a magnet on it like that.

Will it stay in place is the question, especially with a lot of corner-carving leg/knee action?

Interesting! It would have to me one CLEAN tank to slap a magnet on it like that.

Will it stay in place is the question, especially with a lot of corner-carving leg/knee action?

That's a lot of surface area ! I'm thinking yes it would. I went with a much cheaper option of the same stuff Lonerider59 used. http://www.webbikeworld.com/paint-protection/tank-slapper/tank-slapper.htm Colour matching isn't an issue as it's transparent. I will try to shoot a "How to Video" of the instalation. It just might take a month to upload to youtube unless my new computer is here by then.

Last edited:
I used the Mag Knight tank protector on my dearly departed 2000 VFR.
If you buy one, it takes lots of patience to install the thing, but once on, it'll stay in place.
The material is about the thickness of a fridge magnet, and is durable enough. BUT, I had the carbon fiber look and the layer of CF began to shrink & separate from the magnetic material after several months of use.

Back