Major Engine Failure

Thanks everyone. I contacted Two Brothers and they were very helpful. They are sending out a new Juicebox and FedExing it express and said it should arrive in two days. Talked to a tech guy who was baffled on why it would hold the injector open on the pump prime cycle and definitely wanted it back to see what was happening, was very interested.

HUm. Not quite sure what Ivan does with the flash but look like there tune for HP and response... more timing advance combine with lean map is a recipe for disaster for sure. That's a speculation... I have no idea of the flash numbers or map he's using. But getting 46MPG out of a FZ1... I don't even get that with my ride... or barely if I cruise bellow 6K.

But liek I said, if this is only a piston and the engine is not destroy it's not that bad if you can fix it yourself. Ring, piston and few gasket then you got a new engine... pretty much.[/QUOTE ] I get 42-45 0n a regular basis. My is bone stock at present. Chat is changing soon. I am buyind a juice pro and alio on from forum members. Then getting Ivans flash. My 2 cents ins one bad wire/connector on yours that caused the failure

Nice!! I am sure you know this already but shoot some oil in that cyl because the fuel will wash it down and I have seen some actually loose compression after a major flooding like that.A little shot of oil will re seal the rings.

Buggy. Did you take your Juice Box out and inspect it for any obvious signs of failure. Frayed wires, or burn marks on the unit itself. I also have the Juice Box Pro and was wondering if you saw any signs that this may have been avoided or is it just one of those unfortunate failures that can happen to any electronic device. Also, please keep us updated on how you are treated by Two Brothers or Dyno Jet and if you find out why or how it failed.

Great diagnosis !! :tup:

I would change the oil and filter immediately if it was mine.

Some people are just brutal and unforgiving and very quick to point fingers at things they know very little about.

DJ's fuel controllers are great quality with a very low failure rate... and they are very good about supporting their products too.

Just one or two of the people there get burned out once in a while.... Sometimes it's hard to deal with complaining people all day.... Every day.

On the other hand, I feel badly for the customer that gets someone over there that isn't very responsive.

It does suck when something expensive fails and causes downtime.

Ivan

Hey Ivan, thanks for the reply. I gave you a call yesterday but you were stuck on the dyno and got a relayed message to not use the bike until the new fuel controller was installed. Good thing I phoned because I was ready to start riding it. First thing I did was change the oil and everything is fine. The people at Two Brothers were great and couldn't ask for better customer service. Thanks for letting me know of the low failure rate, I'll feel better installing the new one.

Great diagnosis !! :tup:

I would change the oil and filter immediately if it was mine.

Some people are just brutal and unforgiving and very quick to point fingers at things they know very little about.

DJ's fuel controllers are great quality with a very low failure rate... and they are very good about supporting their products too.

Just one or two of the people there get burned out once in a while.... Sometimes it's hard to deal with complaining people all day.... Every day.

On the other hand, I feel badly for the customer that gets someone over there that isn't very responsive.

It does suck when something expensive fails and causes downtime.

Ivan

Buggy. Did you take your Juice Box out and inspect it for any obvious signs of failure. Frayed wires, or burn marks on the unit itself. I also have the Juice Box Pro and was wondering if you saw any signs that this may have been avoided or is it just one of those unfortunate failures that can happen to any electronic device. Also, please keep us updated on how you are treated by Two Brothers or Dyno Jet and if you find out why or how it failed.

It's already out and looks just like the day I put it in. Two Brothers Racing have great customer service and i think their failure rates are low. I wouldn't worry about using their fuel controller.

Just catching on this.

My guess is the oil was over filled and the motor is puking it out through a breather.

As Ivan said, drain and refill the oil, look for chunks.

If it really is the motor have a leak down test done. In the mean time just unplug the fuel controller and see if the problem still exists.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

It's already out and looks just like the day I put it in. Two Brothers Racing have great customer service and i think their failure rates are low. I wouldn't worry about using their fuel controller.

Thanks for your response. You definitely gained my respect on this one. You diagnosed the problem in minutes what would have taken me hours or possibly days. I'm almost embarrassed I tried to give you advice when it is quite obvious you know your stuff. I'm also glad you are continuing to support Two Bros and the Juice Box Pro. I think the juice Box is a great unit and have had nothing but good experiences with Two Bros. Good luck with getting your bike up and running.

Back