mid pipe ?

When i got mine it was not a option. I cut mine after i saw last week that he makes them they cost $ 280 for the can so it was more saveing then trouble. it was alot easyer than i thought it was going to be.

Speaking of midpipes. Does anyone know if the MIVV midpipe actually does anything for performance?? I'd love to see a dyno comparo with the MIVV vs a standard straight through midpipe.
images

Speaking of midpipes. Does anyone know if the MIVV midpipe actually does anything for performance?? I'd love to see a dyno comparo with the MIVV vs a standard straight through midpipe.

Not sure that it does anything for performance. I get the feeling it may be more to "tune" the sound of the pipe...

Here's their blurb about it. Apparently this is the only midpipe that they make like this and it is for the FZ1 only. I assume they wouldn't go to that much trouble just to alter the sound of one model bike, but who knows!!!! Inquiring minds want to know :)

>>>>>>>>
IMPORTANT NOTE: MIVV updated the midpipe for the 2nd Gen. FZ1 in order to improve air flow for the FZ1's 5-valve motor, which creates unique exhaust pulses.
The only stock photo MIVV has of this midpipe is pictured below (with the full carbon Suono). If you have questions about this, please contact us
>>>>>>>>

Y023Midpipe.jpg

not a lot oof diferance

the length of mid pipes as far as i know do very little,the tuning is mostly in the down pipes (headers),a 4into 1 is a top end power pipe ,a 4 into2 into1,is a mid range power pipe ,the shorter the mid pipe the more low,mid range power,,longer gives a bit more top end ,
look at the graves pipe no mid pipe but it works well ,
iv ran bikes with no mid pipes and never had any problems ,pull the can and mid pipe off and go for a quick ride ,it will pule like a train ,but runs out of steam ,its worth it for a laugh just for the noise , a dyno run will sort out the lack of mid pipe ,i was running a set of akrapovic r1 head pipes with a modded 2 into 1 piece ,no link pipe just a set of laser stacked meg cans and bike runs like a dream

Back