Mivv GP Full Carbon

Hi.
I have a Mivv GP style shorty can, with the db killer still in place (1 x rivet).
To remove the rivet - drill it out? (is this easy - I'm slightly disabled (knackered left arm and not very hands on?)
Does the db killer then just slide out / can be held back in place for MOT with a small screw?
Is the can then crazy loud, or not too loud, but with a deeper note?
Is a re-map needed, or will the ecu adjust enough (so no damage / smooth running)?
Sorry for so many ?'s lol.
Hope ok.
Thanks,

Andrew.

Yes, you just need to drill the rivet - as soon as you cut the head off of it with the drill it will come out, and the Db Killer will come out easily, maybe a slight tug to loosen it.

You can run fine without remapping.. you will have a bit more popping with the Db killer removed.

As far as how loud it is, you'll be able to decide for yourself.. we like them with the DB Killers out and don't think that they are too loud.

Yes, you just need to drill the rivet - as soon as you cut the head off of it with the drill it will come out, and the Db Killer will come out easily, maybe a slight tug to loosen it.

You can run fine without remapping.. you will have a bit more popping with the Db killer removed.

As far as how loud it is, you'll be able to decide for yourself.. we like them with the DB Killers out and don't think that they are too loud.

Nice one - thanks for info.
Cheers,

Andrew.

It’s good to hear that the MIVV GP carbon is the best exhaust as I have also ordered one with a pc5 and air filter, hope to have them on the bike within the next month. The bike also has new risers, tag fat bars, bar end mirrors, braided lines and f/e. It’s coming along nicely will post some photos when I work out how.

Hi.
Ok bit more info needed please.
Think poss my crappy 12v drill is a bit weak, but having probs drilling out the db killer rivet on the Mivv GP can. Started will 3mm then 3.5mm and think last was 4mm. Got a 5mm to try next., once drill recharged lol.The pin hole on the rivet head is now wider and deeper, but still hanging in there.
Can someone advise me how deep I should need to drill - right up through the rivet, or should the head sort of detach itself from the main body once enough of it is drilled away?
Sorry so many ?'s for simple job, but am erring on side of caution rather than blundering ahead.
Help please lol.
Cheers,

Andrew

:mad::mad:
Knew I was rubbish but bl**dy hell lol.

Am hoping that it's my drill / drill bits that are no good (can't be me after-all lol)

I'm using some new hss drill bits, and have splayed (? spelling) the rivet head and looks like I can see the centre of the rivet "neck" but it is still attached in places to the head. Been drilling at the thing for ages, but no further progress!!!
Jarred big style - any ideas please??

New more powerful drill? Different drill bits. Phone a friend / quick whizz to local friendly garage lol?

Shouldn't be this hard surely?

Thanks in advance for wonder cure.
Andrew.

Stay away from those cheap B&Q drills? lol. You will need a 3-4mm bit, it should pop on out if not go to a 5mm bit and slowly drill the head of the rivit,you may need to give it a little tap with a hammer & punch. Tip, spray a bit of WD40 on the tip of the drill bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stay away from those cheap B&Q drills? lol. You will need a 3-4mm bit, it should pop on out if not go to a 5mm bit and slowly drill the head of the rivit,you may need to give it a little tap with a hammer & punch. Tip, spray a bit of WD40 on the tip of the drill bit.

Lol - not wrong re drill - it is a cheapo cr*ppy one. Will try again 2moro with WD40 also.
I will succeed, no matter how long it takes (got braddle and hammer at the ready!!)
Cheers:)

Also - Make sure that the bit isn't just spinning the rivet in the hole.. you can always hold the back side of it with a pair of needle nose pliers.

Well, it was a battle the like of which has not been seen since Kaiser Wilhelm got his knickers in a twist, but, in the end I beat that awesome pop rivet.
Admittedly it took nearly as long as a world war lol, but... I won lol.
Ripped the b*gger right out!!:thewave:
Nice neat little hole left - all very neat.
What fun:eyebrow:
Thanks for all help.
Andrew:cheers:

I got the carbon suono for my 2009 cobalt blue fizzer a month or so ago. It is awesome. Too dear in price IMO, but I got it anyway. Youve got a killer machine in the works!

Back