MIVV Suono

hey dudes,

wondering if anyone bought this from pjsparts and if so, what was shipping cost like. in their ordering process they wait to tell you the shipping until after you commit to buy which is sketchy to me, but it is coming from italy as well. the regular price is $601 (for the carbon that i want) not including shipping. also i have heard nothing but great things about pjsparts so i am sure they are to be trusted. so what was the total cost of the slip on with shipping?

also, do you need a power commander or to remap or anything after you put it on?

and finally, any other thoughts, reviews or information about the MIVV Suono that you want to share?

Not too sure about PJ's parts as I haven't used them but from what I have read,most people are very happy with them.

I had a carbon Mivv Suono on my FZ1 but sold it as it was too loud without the db killer installed.
I didn't see the point in buying a free flowing exhaust only to restrict it with the db killer, so I sold it.
It is a pretty sweet piece of kit though and was made very well.

You won't need to get a PCIII or PCV until after you buy a full system however it always helps to have the correct fueling.

mounted a suono on my fz1n yesterday. looks nice, and with pc3 and lars airbox mod it will give a big difference. my bike really transformed. BUT damn its LOUD without db-killer.
I refuse to use it(db-killer), i rather buy a different exhaust.
It sounds like an old vance & hines from the eighties. I would go for a bigger can..

mounted a suono on my fz1n yesterday. looks nice, and with pc3 and lars airbox mod it will give a big difference. my bike really transformed. BUT damn its LOUD without db-killer.
I refuse to use it(db-killer), i rather buy a different exhaust.
It sounds like an old vance & hines from the eighties. I would go for a bigger can..

I did exactly that, I bought an Akrapovic and cut 80mm off it and it's still way quieter than the Mivv Suono.

i have to say the suono is a real badass without the db killer on, with the backfiring from 7.5~8.5k rpm.. dropped a gear and let the rpm pulled to the powerband and let the backfiring roars..

the ID without the db killer is HUGE compared to other makes on the market.

but i had to use my earplugs if i were to take out the killer and blast down the highway..

still a very good pipe IMO.. :D

Ballmead. Followed your example and bought a nitron rear shock and i will also drop the front 5mm. Looking forward to try the bike after this.. To bad it´s far to the track..

I ordered a Titanium/carbon Suono from PJ's in 2009 and it was $577 with shipping ($16). I have the DB killer installed and a PCIII, air box mod and a K&N. I don't think a PCIII is really needed if you only put on a aftermarket can but I figured it was a good idea to have one if I decided to go further in the future. The Suono is plenty loud enough beyond 4000 RPM so I wouldn't advise taking out the noise killer. I tell people it sounds like a pissed-off cat when the R's start to climb. They are a good can and their hardware is on par with the stock stuff, not flimsy. I've had it for three years and about 15,500 miles and it still looks like new. Saves a ton of weight too.

They are on the pricey side but it's also important to know that with many aftermarket cans there is an intermediate pipe included which connects the muffler to the collector and it's a darned good one on the MIVV systems. Just like beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it's the same with our motorcycle add-ons. Some of us can see the worth and some can't. Some buy it, some don't.

Last edited:
I remeber buying a complete system for less than the price of a slip on back in the day.seem to remember buying a Yosh supersport system for my 85 600 ninja for around 300 new,times are a changing

For upgrades to my FZ project I am primarily interested in performance. With that mindset, a slipon exhaust (particularly one that costs $600) makes very little sense. I purchased a Yosh R77 full system with a titanium can last summer for $625 shipped, but prices have gone up a good bit since then. The quality is decent and the performance gains from a full system (really needs to be combined with other mods to improve breathing and alter fueling) are impressive in the mid range with gains of 8-10hp at 7K compared to a similarly modded bike with just a slipon. It is power where the FZ can really use it. The Yosh setup will likely need repacking in a few years and the headers do seem to spot some.
If you are instead interested in only a mild performance improvement with improved aesthetics, and maybe a 15lb weight loss then a slip-on makes some sense. Quality pieces will likely cost a bit more and may get you the look you want along with long product life. To see real gains in engine performance you would still need to mod for better breathing and fueling. . . . . . .
Just make sure you know what you are getting for your $600!

For upgrades to my FZ project I am primarily interested in performance. With that mindset, a slipon exhaust (particularly one that costs $600) makes very little sense. I purchased a Yosh R77 full system with a titanium can last summer for $625 shipped, but prices have gone up a good bit since then.

I agree $600 is ridiculous to pay for a slip-on, i looked a the Yosh full system but ended up with a Mivv for the reason that the Yoshi just doesn't do it for me, if only Yoshi could make a system with a smaller & cooler looking slip-on and the spotting issues with the headers?. IMO the Graves full-system is the best looking for the FZ1. I payed $400 form PJ Parts. My bike is dynoed tuned @152 smooth & linear with the slip-on so excellent performance gains can be achieved with the stock headers with a good tuner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally find the Yosh R77 to be nice looking and have had only minor spotting which was easily removed with some Bartenders Friend stainless steel cleaner. Performance wise the Akra, Graves and Yosh full systems are similar although I think the Yosh makes a just a bit more in the mid-range. Price wise the Yosh can't be beat.
The full systems seem to be only good for a couple of extra HP up top when compared to the a slipon. That said the difference in the midrange is quite significant. 8-10 hp is around a 10% gain in power right in the 6.5K midrange dip that is inherent with the stock header. No tuner will be able to remove that with mapping. As mentioned, this midrange fattening is power that you really can use.

Back