MIVV Suono

DERJ

Got my new MIVV Suono in from PJ and I'm very impressed - fit and finish were great, easy install, and really sounds great. With the db killer in, it's not too loud at idle (safe for the neighbors in the morning) but really let's it bark when you twist the throttle.
:thewave:

I'll take some better picks this weekend, but here's a couple for now:

P1020741.jpg

P1020739.jpg

I got the carbon fiber Suono for mine. Both look really good IMHO. I agree about the sound. However, my neighbor says that she uses my bike in the morning as a kind of timepiece. She knows where she should be in her morning schedule when I take off. She doesn't complain, but she hears it!!

Really dig it. I've been looking at these and waiting to hear some reviews. I'm pretty sure I'm a have to get me one! I love the look of that can. It really flows with the lines of the bike. Now.... to carbon fiber or not to carbon fiber? That will be the question.

More angles

Lets see some more shots. A 3/4 front angle and a shot from the back would be nice to see how narrow it is. A sound clip would be cool to.:cloud9:

Time for another M.B.O.M. entry to show off that beauty! Did your midpipe come shiny or did you have to work at it?

We need to get more people voting...

Actually, it's not polished - I just happen to catch the light perfectly. I thought about hand polishing it, but I just couldn't wait to put it on.

That really is an awesome looking can! After ALOT of looking, researching and listening (actually my wife thinks I'm an idiot), I finally decided on the Suono...definitely my next mod. Is there anything to the install that you would want to pass along or did it go seamless? Did you gut the cat? Thoughts? I also have the graphite and will probably get the CF version...has anyone had any issues with the CF creating problems? I read that they do not recommend dyno testing with CF cans?? At least that is on the 2 bros. Thanks kh

That really is an awesome looking can! After ALOT of looking, researching and listening (actually my wife thinks I'm an idiot), I finally decided on the Suono...definitely my next mod. Is there anything to the install that you would want to pass along or did it go seamless? Did you gut the cat? Thoughts? I also have the graphite and will probably get the CF version...has anyone had any issues with the CF creating problems? I read that they do not recommend dyno testing with CF cans?? At least that is on the 2 bros. Thanks kh

The install itself is really straight forward and only took about 10 minutes once I had all the old stuff done. It really is a clean install.

The other stuff does take some time - I had already gutted the cat a few months ago - easy enough but plan a little time with a long drill bit, hammer and screwdriver. I had already planned to completely removed the EXUP and installed an eliminator, which a pretty easy (and quick).
The "fun" was installing the AIS blockoff plates - those alone took longer than everything else combined, but I was prepared - there are lots of good threads on how to do that already...

I can't say much on the differences between the stainless and CF versions, but I'm really glad I went with a Suono (and did all the rest at the same time...)

Question, hows the Corbin seat? & where did you get it from?. Like the exhaust Mivv sound & look the best!!!.

Question, hows the Corbin seat? & where did you get it from?. Like the exhaust Mivv sound & look the best!!!.

Thanks!

The Corbin seats aren't too bad - better than stock, but I would have liked them a little softer. I ordered them direct from Corbin, mainly because I wanted the rear backrest for my wife.
But even after 4,000 miles, they still seem a little hard after a full day of riding. Pricey, but I would never go back to the stock ones.

Added a couple pics of my Suono cf on a '09 raven to contrast a little.

I've sinced powdercoated the rearsets also so it's slowly becoming blacked out.

I've sinced powdercoated the rearsets also so it's slowly becoming blacked out.[/QUOTE]

Planning on doing the "black out" also, so thanks for posting the pics! Did you do the job yourself? If so, what did you use and how was the process? If you had someone else do it, what was the cost? Love the Suono! Thanks kh

Had the powdercoating done by www.TripageLED.com. Look for my post in the Gen II mods section for new pics.

They put in leds in the rear pegs and powdercoated the rear pegs and the rearsets as well. The rearsets were $50 shipped back and forth and the leds/passenger pegs were somewhere around $120 I think?

Pretty cool stuff. Sorry to hijack the thread when I've already posted one on this subject.

Back