Mods and More Mods

eaglefrq

Yes, I've officially driven my wife insane with the mods. :eek5:

08 Red (the fastest)

Performance: Ivan's Sub-Throttle plates, FCE, PC III (w/Ivan's map), LAR's Airbox mod, BMC filter, Goodridge SS front brake lines, Two Bros CF slip-on

Other Goodies: Gold Pazzo levers with Red adjusters, Driven grips, SV 650 risers, Rizoma bars, Rizoma bar-ends w/sliders, Rizoma Reverse Retro mirrors, Pro-Tek Pro-Lite footpegs, Custom fender eliminator, PUIG double bubble windscreen (smoke), Tech-Spec Gripster tank pads, Shogun Frame / Swingarm sliders

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Saw your post over on the other forum. Bike looks great. We have some of the same mods and definitely the faster color :D

watermark.php

Last edited:
Eagle....on the 1 and 4th picture -- what kind of tank grips are those?? Getting ready to install new painted plastics and looking for other options to protect w/o having to get a tank bra.....it is not very fetching....

Adam

Last edited:
Eagle....on the 1 and 4th picture -- what kind of tank grips are those?? Getting ready to install new painted plastics and looking for other options to protect w/o having to get a tank bra.....they are not very fetching....

Adam

They are Tech-Spec Tank Grippers. The ones I have now are the "Fusion" and I really like them. I had the "Snake Skin" on my SV650 and they were good also, but the Snake Skin ones are considerably thicker. They both grip very well and I feel very secure with them on.

I don't think they have them for the Gen I bikes, but they do have a Universal that you can cut your own pattern from. They are removeable and reusable.

TechSpec-usa Motorcycle Gripster Tank Pads

Clay

Saw your post over on the other forum. Bike looks great. We have some of the same mods and definitely the faster color :D

watermark.php

Thanx, that is a sharp looking bike you have also. I definately like the rad covers painted black. I did the rattle can job on mine, but I think they turned out great and unless you are right up on it, you can't tell.

The only thing I'm waiting on is the mirror block-off plates from Cycle One Off. I ordered them a couple of days ago.

How are the reverse retro mirrors compared to the stockers? I am seeing their knockoffs on ebay for $125 shipped.

They are great. When I first put them on I didn't have them adjusted correctly and in my right mirror, I could see items that were over my left shoulder.

I originally bought some mirrors from Ebay that were a special edition made for Triumph. Even though they were the same mirrors, they had "Triumph" engraved on them, were gloss black and didn't have the blue tint which prevents the glare from headlights or sunlight. I sent them back and went with the ones from PJ which were a little pricier, but much better because they didn't have "Triumph", were an anodized black finish and had the blue tint. Plus they "felt" like they were better quality materials.

The pictures are the Triumph edition mirrors. My wifes car is barely visible in the stock mirror and you can see the whole car in the bar end. The Rizoma's from PJ's give the exact same field of view as the Triumph edition.

View attachment 587

View attachment 588

I've also noticed the buffeting that a lot of people talked about is now absent with these mirrors. Makes for a much nicer ride. I've ordered my mirror block off's from Cycle One Off and they should be here today!

Last edited:
I saw those in Ebay as well, but I had already ordered the Rizoma's from PJ's. Those look good, but I've bought knock-offs before and some are good and others are lousy.

Have you seen any other reviews on them? Just curious. If you get them, I hope they work for you. Post up a review so others will know your experiences with them.

Back