Motovation Axle Sliders: Front & Rear

After some searching and lots of research as per the Axle slider thread, I settled for what was the best of the available sliders.This was determined by 1.)Quality in reviews, 2.) matching set of front and rear, 3.) Price, 4.) Readily available for quick installation. You wouldn't wait to buy house insurance for a couple of years just hoping nothing happened in the mean time.

I bought them here: Yamaha FZ1 Fazer 1000 Axle Sliders 2006+ The front was $59.99 and the rear was $62.99 for a grand total of : $122.98

The parts included instructions, if you really need them as they are fairly intuitive to install. I used liberal amounts of blue locktite on one end of each (the left side) and just a small amount on the right so that they can be undone for wheel maintenance.

The set come as shown on the link and the fit and finish is excellent. A must if you are going to the track, and a good idea for the street. Are they worth the money, I for one am hoping that I can never tell you. But what is piece of mind worth? For me $122.98 plus shipping and duty.

The shop was very communicative via e-mail and included a UPS tracking number with the invoice. From order to delivery was about a week to Western Canada.

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

frontaxleslider.jpg

rearaxleslider.jpg

frontwideangleview.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, I've been looking into getting a set of axle sliders also. Don't care for the "cheaper" ones that use just a threaded rod down the middle. I guess they work, but they don't look finished enough to me. I guess in the end it's going to come down to these Motovation ones or the ones from Supermoto Engineering. Now if I could just find a place that sells the Supermoto ones at a discount ;)

Yea, I've been looking into getting a set of axle sliders also. Don't care for the "cheaper" ones that use just a threaded rod down the middle. I guess they work, but they don't look finished enough to me. I guess in the end it's going to come down to these Motovation ones or the ones from Supermoto Engineering. Now if I could just find a place that sells the Supermoto ones at a discount ;)

The Supermoto was my next choice at about $25.00 more for the set. You do get the axle "blocks" as well with those, with the adjustment marks lasered in, so they may actually be better value?! I wasn't convinced having the sliders offset from the axle bolt was a good idea in a actual crash /slide, mind you the right side would be on the pipe anyway. The other consideration was that I am still thinking about a Gilles or Lighttech axle adjuster at some point (in gold), and the Motovation slider will work with either.

The Supermoto was my next choice at about $25.00 more for the set. You do get the axle "blocks" as well with those, with the adjustment marks lasered in, so they may actually be better value?! I wasn't convinced having the sliders offset from the axle bolt was a good idea in a actual crash /slide, mind you the right side would be on the pipe anyway. The other consideration was that I am still thinking about a Gilles or Lighttech axle adjuster at some point (in gold), and the Motovation slider will work with either.

I see what you mean about the offset, but they are made of 6061 aluminum, which based on the thickness of the axle blocks, can easily support the weight of the bike. They would also bend a little before actually breaking off so I am not too worried about it. If I get those I'm debating getting them in black or in gold...decision, decisions...lol

Thanks for the review Lee! I'm looking at getting those... maybe I'll ask for them for Father's Day. :D My problem is this.... still too many wants for the bike and not enough money to burn. :D

After some searching and lots of research as per the Axle slider thread, I settled for what was the best of the available sliders.This was determined by 1.)Quality in reviews, 2.) matching set of front and rear, 3.) Price, 4.) Readily available for quick installation. You wouldn't wait to buy house insurance for a couple of years just hoping nothing happened in the mean time.

How effective are those axle sliders? It seems to me that lots of stuff will hit th the ground befor thos even come into play, are they just for LOOKS? Someone educate me please, I'm new to sportbikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
How effective are those axle sliders? It seems to me that lots of stuff will hit th the ground befor thos even come into play, are they just for LOOKS? Someone educate me please, I'm new to sportbikes.

The point is to keep the expensive parts from being gound off during a slide. The front ones help keep the brake discs and fork off the pavement and will work, ask any racer. The rear left will keep the swing arm from damage. The right one is not as effective because the pipe (or in my case the bags) would hit the ground first, but they come with both ends. Price a set of new discs, forks, or a swing arm and the price of the sliders seems a bargain. Just as much damage can happen on the street in a minor fall (maybe more) than at the track that has areas designed for run offs. We all put a lot of hard earned coin into our rides and a little more to help protect the investment seems wise to me.

The point is to keep the expensive parts from being gound off during a slide. The front ones help keep the brake discs and fork off the pavement and will work, ask any racer. The rear left will keep the swing arm from damage. The right one is not as effective because the pipe (or in my case the bags) would hit the ground first, but they come with both ends. Price a set of new discs, forks, or a swing arm and the price of the sliders seems a bargain. Just as much damage can happen on the street in a minor fall (maybe more) than at the track that has areas designed for run offs. We all put a lot of hard earned coin into our rides and a little more to help protect the investment seems wise to me.

No arguement from me, being new to sportbike I have a pair of crash bars on my cruiser and those are big and stick out far, so it was easy for me to question the effectiveness of the axle sliders. I have frame slider installed on my baby the same week of purchase, but knew nothing about axle sliders. Now I know and will purchase 2 sets, plus they look kool.

Back