Mrs. Hellgate Gets a Bike

Very Cool about your wife getting a bike, Congrats! Nothing more sexy than a woman who rides, and nothing better than a wife who shares your passion!

da** it! how do you fellows get your ladies to ride?!?!?! And grats :)

My wife is a control freak, so she just up and bought a 2009 Ninja 250r on her own. My only input was to confirm that the 09 Ninja 250r was a great bike for her to start on and I tried to tell her black was hard to see and the brighter green, blue or red would be a bit safer. She bought the black one. :/

I bought her a Shoei RF1100 and she hasn't stopped shopping for jackets, gloves, boots and pants. She just doesn't get to ride to work as much as she'd like. Skirts don't mix well and even though she tries not to care, she still feels a bit of a weird stigma about being a woman riding a motorcycle. :(

View attachment 12401View attachment 12402View attachment 12403

I hope everyone's wife can find the confidence and joy in riding. Maybe this silly notion others have about women riders will go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations to you both ! :tup:
Me and my wife rode a bike together from 1984 (or I should say "have rode a bike together since 1984" ? :embarrased: ), but she only learned to be "neutral" in riding, never attempt to drive the bike. In my FazerItalia club there are many girls that can ride much better than many of us...:unworthy:

Last edited:
Well the Suzuki, yet to be named, got a tuneup today. New spark plug, oil and filter, and new front brake pads.

The bike has only 2,700 on it, but I don't think the PO had ever serviced it. The chain was bone dry, and the oil and brake fluid was black as coal.

Now she runs like a champ, and the pulse from the brake is gone. Wife is very happy.

She rode around the neighborhood today, tomorrow we'll go out on the actual road early in the morning. Saturday's are simply too busy.

Last edited:
Back