My 2011 FZ1N

Hey guys. Just thought I would post a couple of pictures of my bike. Maybe get some feedback from some fellow FZ1 owners :)

Mods so far:
- bar end mirrors
- evotech tail tidy
- yoshi TRC full system
- K&N air filter
- power commander V
- clear indicator lenses

Mods to come:
- carbon fibre belly pan (I have the fairing but am having trouble getting a bracket made :( )
- evotech crash mushrooms (in the post)
- copperdog secondary flies
- graves velocity stacks (in the post)

I wouldn't mind getting a set of black handlebars. So if anybody could point me in the direction of a decent set I'd really appreciate it!!

I bought the bike new in November 2012 when she looked like this.

6e2aneju.jpg

And thanks to the mods mentioned above she now looks a heap better :)!!

avezurap.jpg

epase7a7.jpg

Sorry bout the picture quality. They were taken on my phone. I will get some better pictures soon and put them up!!

Last edited:
Looks sharp, I'm in the middle of my conversion.

How did you get the black rearsets? Is that a factory Yamaha part there? If so is there a way to order it and I can paypal you so it could get sent as a gift?

If you're referring to the rearsest in the pic, you should be able to get them locally. They're stock on late-model FZ1's. If you're going to blow the $$ on rearsets, though, get black billet. Very sharp. I want to do Rizomas or something similar this summer.

Looks sharp, I'm in the middle of my conversion.

How did you get the black rearsets? Is that a factory Yamaha part there? If so is there a way to order it and I can paypal you so it could get sent as a gift?

Yeh like Jacob said they are the standard 2011 rear sets. If you do end up wanting to get a set and for what ever reason you can't get them locally where you are PM me and I will get a price for you. But I would probably get a set of black billet adjustable rear sets. I have my eye on a set too but it will be one of the last things I change!

Looks cool !

May i suggest a radiator guard to add to your list (i ordered one yesterday after a friend of mine blow his last weeked) but than again you may have better roads than we do here so the standart guard may work for you...

Yeh i have thought about it and maybe getting my whole triple clamp powdercoated to. but i have seen a lot of people with rizoma bars
(i think). they seem to look pretty tidy.

I've got rizomas and am very happy with them. 40mm risers and M005 bars. Perfect!

Looks cool !

May i suggest a radiator guard to add to your list (i ordered one yesterday after a friend of mine blow his last weeked) but than again you may have better roads than we do here so the standart guard may work for you...
A rad guard was the first thing I purchased for my 08FZ1, in fact for any bike I buy with a radiator

Motovation on the other Fz1 site, works for motovation and he suggested Cox Racing Radiator guards, I checked them out and the look to be pretty well made. They are around $85.

omg.. that is a gorgeous ride! what does the pipe do to the power curve?

Thanks!

Putting the full system on completely changed the behavior of the bike through the low to mid RPM. a lot more responsive and feels like it pulls a lot harder. the power was noticeable throughout the entire rev range for me (may have something to do with the noise getting me excited as well :p).

but to be honest. the first thing i noticed when i took the bike out after having just installed the new system was the handling. getting rid of that big heavy standard can from the side of the bike made a huge difference for me. when i dropped into the first corner i couldn't believe how different the bike felt.

Back