My 2011 FZ1N

haha no can do mate.

unfortunately over here we can receive a defect notice for bar end mirrors. so i gotta hold on to my originals :p
What crap is that? You can have your bike inspected for registration and passed in NSW with only one bicycle mirror. Police making their own rules again?

We get pinned for heaps of crap that you can get away with over east. Even cars! We can get defected for a fender eliminator. They are the main cause for a canary over here haha

They can do the fender eliminator thing here too but if something meets ADR's its legal! We need some legal types to ride and get on the case! I have a Harley riding friend that told me they are defecting Harleys with pod type air filters. Only problem is Harley bought out a model that is legally registered with a pod type air filter. We need to stand up to this crap!

Last edited:
Here's some old pics of my Rizoma bars, same setup. I have the Rizoma lux grips on there now too, along with a few other upgrades.

Attachments

• IMG_3037.jpg
    IMG_3037.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 158
They're the Rizoma risers. I cut them down by about 1/2 inch and that was fine for the stock cabling. When I put the R1 brakes on I had to add 60mm to the brake lines as the R1 banjo bolt is further out on the lever than the FZ1.

New asv leavers (shorty brake, standard clutch) and driven d3 grips :)

ena2a9ez.jpg

tyvuba4a.jpg

I like the ASV shorty levers, I run them too.

What do you think of the grips? I had the Rizoma ones like that and hated them, the metal part was too hard to grip on a long ride with my Dainese gloves & I got wrist pump. I switched to the Rizoma Lux grips which I think are definitely worth the extra coin, they are much better in my opinion. I'm still trying to flog off (sell) the old grips.

I like the ASV shorty levers, I run them too.

What do you think of the grips? I had the Rizoma ones like that and hated them, the metal part was too hard to grip on a long ride with my Dainese gloves & I got wrist pump. I switched to the Rizoma Lux grips which I think are definitely worth the extra coin, they are much better in my opinion. I'm still trying to flog off (sell) the old grips.

Yeh I've only had the grips on for a couple of weeks and not done a great deal of riding with them. They look great but as far as functionality is concerned I can see them giving me dramas. I didn't think I would rely much on the grip on the inside as much as I am finding out I do and my five combat gloves are a bit slippery on the billet. I will keep them on for another few weeks and see how I go but I can see a change back to full rubber grips in the not to distant future.

It's a shame cause I really like the look of them :(

I have the same pan and they messed up on my brackets as well. Had to wait 2 weeks for it to arrive from Greece.

yeh mate it took 3 months to get here.. from greece also. i think thats where the part is actually located.

how ever i bitched and moaned at about 2 months and took a month to get a refund.. then the part arrived the day after haha.. so.. got it for free ;)

I should have tried that. Don't know if you did but you should paint your brackets. The steel doesn't have a zinc coating and they'll rust.

Last edited:
Back