My first crash happened today!

Awwwww.....man thats crummy news to wakeup and start the day with... Sorry to hear it. Hopefully it's repairable for not too much. Sorry, BUMMER.

insurance?

Did you not have insurance coverage for such a thing? Or are things that different down there? You could always keep the Akra for the new one.

Sorry to hear about your wreck, from your comments it sounds like you mostly feel ok which is great news. I imagine that you will feel pretty sore for a while. Good luck to you.

That's a shame. What did you hit when you went down? Water, ice, something like that? I know it's no help, but now you can say, "I've joined the type that has been down, not the type that's going down".

Yikes! Glad your Ok-ish. Sux to hear about your bike, but at least you could walk away from it. I hope you get everything sorted to your satisfaction. Bugga!

Any wreck you walk away from is a great one in my opinion. Yeah it sucks to have something bad happen but it really is the price of the sport. Lets hope your crash can teach us all something that will help save someone from the same pain or worse.

So dont be bashful give us the dirt! Show us the pics! What kind of gear did you have and how did it perform?

sorry to hear that mcouldry. It sux and it will be so for a while. Already glad you're allright and hope not too serious with the bike....take care and do't let this down you ...

Were you airborne or did a cager throw some gravel where you needed to flick?

Been there, if the latter one. We can all identify, for sure. Hope you can snap some photos of the area, but that may be hard to do now.

What I love about the net is that we can bounce stuff off each other that no one in our family understands about, or about anyone else. With enough photos we can figure out the happened.

Also, what tires you running?

You'll be sore tomorrow, and your confidence will drop a notch. You'll just have to get a new bike now. Maybe the new FZ or R1? That'll make ya feel better!

Wait...you already rode like 190 MILES? Exhaustion could be a factor, if 200 miles of twists are involved, bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear of your mishap. as the quote you reffered to it is almost un avoidable. If you put on engough miles eventually we all go down. As metioned you will loose a little confidence but it will come back. My new FZ1 is my re entry to the road again after a tangle with a car and my beloved Daytona T595. Unfortunately the T 595 did not survive:doh2: but bikes are replacable we are not. Get the bike going and get back riding and all will be good again.

accident

i have been in 2 accidents, and in my experiences the thing that was injured the most was my pride. but i have been lucky and got away with very minor injuries that healed quickly, the bikes....well let's just say they were unridable. but through my crashes (one was on a sharp turn in the rain, the other one i wasn't paying attention and t boned a car) i have learned a lot and it changed how i ride. as silly as it sounds, i realized that i don't have to get from point a to b in the fastest time possible. but that was a few bikes back and i i'm not glad i crashed, but i am glad that i learned from them. but that's just me. sorry to hear about your accident! just go out and do some of this :icon_beer: to keep your mind off it!

Thanks for all the support guys. I am a little sore today. My ankles have swollen up, sore back and arms, but apart from that i cant believe how well i pulled up after suck a big off.

Its a funny feeling when you know your about to get thrown from the bike. It all happens so quick but i had time to react and put both my hands on the road to soften my landing. I didnt have the best riding gear on yesterday, so considering that, i am very very lucky. And lucky not to scratch up my Rossi helmet. In fact, not a scratch!

I cant really remember what i was thinking as i came across the bridge, however considering the road went left and a gravel laneway went straight, i dont think i realised the road went left and therefore i couldnt pull up in time to make the turn.

Once my mate emails me the pics you can see for yourself and try and figure it out.

The bike has insurance which is lucky, the speedo, headlight, mirror, indicators, tank, handlebars, rearset, pillion seat, tail are all broken. With scratches on other parts like the swingarm. I am guessing it will be a write off. Well i am hoping anyway. Pics to come soon!

Sorry about the off! A bike is either fixed or replaced. You, on the other hand, are not replaceable. Thank God you're here typing about it!

With above info, I suspect three possible conditions led up to the crash: unknown, or relatively unknown road; somewhat tired; and if you ate lunch prior, slowed down reactions.

I hate unknown roads, as I geek on them. I can always tell when I begin to get tired, like on my 350 mile loop, as I begin to slow down the last 20/25 miles. When I do, then I know what's up and that I'm not doing 110%, so have to be extra careful; when I ride with a little hunger, I know my brain is sharp. Food slows the brain down, at least me.

Amazing the helmet came out so nice. Great that you have photos.

The main thing is your here and able to tell your story. Always can replace your bike. I hope you feel feel better soon, sorry about your bike.:(

Ok, here they are,

1st Pic. the bridge i cam across
IMG_1039.jpg

2nd Pic. Looking at the road after the bridge. i am guessing i saw the gap in the trees and thought the road went straight and was shocked to see it went left.
IMG_1040.jpg

3rd, the skid mark coming all the way from the lip of the bridge
IMG_1041.jpg

More bike pics to come

Last edited:
bro, I think I have it. Error, locked rear with target fixation on the dirt lane.

In the twists, I NEVER use the rear on our bike.

Get well soon. Bike looks good to me.

Back