My first FZ1

Hello all,

Just bought my first FZ1 today. An 09, Granite Grey (with the questionable olive green wheels--we'll see if they grow on me). Excited but won't actually pick the bike up until returning from a business trip in a couple of weeks. Too cold to ride, anyway. Excited about the purchase, though. Hope to get a lot of use out of it both for short tours and the ocassional track day.

Been checking this forum for several weeks and am glad to have found a great resource for info on the bike. Looking forward to doing more of the same. Thanks, already, to those who provided advice regarding my new purchase.

Mike

Welcome and grats on the new bike! I know you will love it. That happens to be the same color and year as mine. I have managed to convince myself that those rims are a dull gold and not olive green. Don't even try to talk me out of it. :)

Hello all,

Just bought my first FZ1 today. An 09, Granite Grey (with the questionable olive green wheels--we'll see if they grow on me). Excited but won't actually pick the bike up until returning from a business trip in a couple of weeks. Too cold to ride, anyway. Excited about the purchase, though. Hope to get a lot of use out of it both for short tours and the ocassional track day.

Been checking this forum for several weeks and am glad to have found a great resource for info on the bike. Looking forward to doing more of the same. Thanks, already, to those who provided advice regarding my new purchase.

Mike

Thanks for joining the family here Mike. Congrats on your new FZ1. I'll be curious to see a pic of the wheels you talk about. I haven't seen one with that color wheels yet. It does suck that it's too cold now to ride but that will give you time to do any mods during the winter. Stick around and you'll have all the tips you need about your FZ for when it comes time to start riding this coming Spring. Nice to have you here!

Hello all,

Just bought my first FZ1
Me too... well it was a month ago. But same same.. this was and has been a great place to get info and what to look for. I ended up getting a used 06 with 9k on it. I steped up from a Bandit 1200. Wow is all I can say. I still need to dial in the suspension, and getting rid of the mid flat spot, but I'm having a blast with this bike. I ended up with this FZ because it has a carbon slip on, Corbin seat and new Perelli tires. Oh and got it dirt cheep. <big factor> it's Silver (not my first choice) but it's growing on me (i'm sure your wheels will too).
Anywho... I'm looking foward to joining in the forum and sharing in the fun.
P.S. cold and rainy sucks too!

Me too... well it was a month ago. But same same.. this was and has been a great place to get info and what to look for. I ended up getting a used 06 with 9k on it. I steped up from a Bandit 1200. Wow is all I can say. I still need to dial in the suspension, and getting rid of the mid flat spot, but I'm having a blast with this bike. I ended up with this FZ because it has a carbon slip on, Corbin seat and new Perelli tires. Oh and got it dirt cheep. <big factor> it's Silver (not my first choice) but it's growing on me (i'm sure your wheels will too).
Anywho... I'm looking foward to joining in the forum and sharing in the fun.
P.S. cold and rainy sucks too!

Congrats and welcome to the group. With a small electronical fix, your flat spot will be history and you'll be totally happy with her then. Post some shots when you can!

I'm from St. Louis too, live in Manchester. I haven't seen very many of these around at all. I just traded in my 2007 Suzuki Hayabusa yesterday afternoon for a new 2009 FZ1 in the same gray/olive color scheme. Where did you get yours from? I got mine from Chesterfield Valley Powersports. It was super cold yesterday. Set a personal record for coldest temperature ever ridden in.

I'm from St. Louis too, live in Manchester. I haven't seen very many of these around at all. I just traded in my 2007 Suzuki Hayabusa yesterday afternoon for a new 2009 FZ1 in the same gray/olive color scheme. Where did you get yours from? I got mine from Chesterfield Valley Powersports. It was super cold yesterday. Set a personal record for coldest temperature ever ridden in.

Congrats!

I have decided to powder coat my 09's rims to as close to the metallic gray of the tank/rear as I can. I may even do all the rider and passengers pegs. The over all scheme will be Black, Dark Metallic Gray and the silver that some of the fixtures are already in.

If anyone is familiar with Rally Racing, you'll know how the Subaru WRX STI comes with gold BBS wheels. I happen to love that color scheme with black, white, gray or red body paint. I wouldn't have minded if my 2009 rims were closer to gold than olive, but at least it's not plain old boring black.

If anyone is familiar with Rally Racing, you'll know how the Subaru WRX STI comes with gold BBS wheels. I happen to love that color scheme with black, white, gray or red body paint. I wouldn't have minded if my 2009 rims were closer to gold than olive, but at least it's not plain old boring black.

Yamaha used the gold wheels on the 2008's and has brought them back for 2010 as well. Wish my '06 had the gold wheels...

mwirrick/beaquel,

There seem to be quite a lot of us in the STL area (I have a new 09 Cobalt). I guess we just get lost in all the backwoods places riding. Hoping to do some riding soon, but 20 degrees for a high temp is too cold for my bones.

Great bike, have fun,

Mike

Back