My fz1-n my07

hey guys, finally some freetime to work on my beast.
The last problem to solve is the different disk type to find for marchesini wheels.
The fixing disk holes distance is the same as ducati's disks, but the width is more than needed.
What can I do?

This is the way to go...

Milling...
30446426.jpg

what about precision?
84163136.jpg

more chips after milling 3mm down the disks mounting planes.
86138021.jpg

Do you like the results???
44637557.jpg

My SPECIAL Fz1N:Fz1 SP(Santalena Performance)

Yamaha is my favorite factory since I know what a motorbike is..
Fz1 came after an MV Brutale 910S. I was completly fall in love with brutale but sometimes is better that dreams dont came true..(I'm talking about old model..)to many problems and at the end I came back in 3 diapason hause(TZR125R;TDM850;FZ6 in that order from 16 y.o.).
In Italy there is a hateful prejudice:"if you are rich you buy an italian bike,if you are not..here you are a japan one". The masters of marketing put in the peoples brains the idea that some espensive and delicate bikes have a soul that japan bikes haven't. I'm sorrow for people that belive in these kind of nonsense because is cleare that never have a RGV250gamma(for example):an icon in the sports bikes world,not for the power(but W/P or CC/P are incredible for a great series production bike!)or exotics materials but for a fantastic progect that generate an amazing bike in grade to feel you a professional driver!On the tracks days there are non sbk replica that can do the curves as fast as "her"!!)I love street and sport bike independently from where are made on and in my carrer I had 7 different brands(ducati,aprilia.morini and mv too).
In my opinion Yamaha have something more than the others. Stop! Obviously,Fz1 is a product made for do numbers on the market,differently from brutale. My Fz1 is very difficoult to sale on the second hand market in the actually configuration,becouse there is a little number of people that understand why spend so many euros for a "no europe"bike:the frase that frequently people says to me(on the bars mountais steet or on tracks days)is:"nice but how much it cost?...are you mad? Why dont you buyed a steetfigter/brutale/ecc.ecc. Well I stopped to talk in these occasions..I'm proud of my fantastic bike!! She can fight even whit ducati street fighter on every type of street/circuit but is esyer to drive(my wife drive her without problems);you can open all the gas at 1000rpm on 6th gear and she goes without a vibrations!! She can do untill 18km/l (whit the sosft maps that have the same power of the track map,only the torque change). She dont need anything over the regular ispection! She NEVER BROKE!!! I'm sorry for who think different,but THERE IS NO COMPARE! Japans do it better,Yamaha in special!

Yamaha is my favorite factory since I know what a motorbike is..
Fz1 came after an MV Brutale 910S. I was completly fall in love with brutale but sometimes is better that dreams dont came true..(I'm talking about old model..)to many problems and at the end I came back in 3 diapason hause(TZR125R;TDM850;FZ6 in that order from 16 y.o.).
In Italy there is a hateful prejudice:"if you are rich you buy an italian bike,if you are not..here you are a japan one". The masters of marketing put in the peoples brains the idea that some espensive and delicate bikes have a soul that japan bikes haven't. I'm sorrow for people that belive in these kind of nonsense because is cleare that never have a RGV250gamma(for example):an icon in the sports bikes world,not for the power(but W/P or CC/P are incredible for a great series production bike!)or exotics materials but for a fantastic progect that generate an amazing bike in grade to feel you a professional driver!On the tracks days there are non sbk replica that can do the curves as fast as "her"!!)I love street and sport bike independently from where are made on and in my carrer I had 7 different brands(ducati,aprilia.morini and mv too).
In my opinion Yamaha have something more than the others. Stop! Obviously,Fz1 is a product made for do numbers on the market,differently from brutale. My Fz1 is very difficoult to sale on the second hand market in the actually configuration,becouse there is a little number of people that understand why spend so many euros for a "no europe"bike:the frase that frequently people says to me(on the bars mountais steet or on tracks days)is:"nice but how much it cost?...are you mad? Why dont you buyed a steetfigter/brutale/ecc.ecc. Well I stopped to talk in these occasions..I'm proud of my fantastic bike!! She can fight even whit ducati street fighter on every type of street/circuit but is esyer to drive(my wife drive her without problems);you can open all the gas at 1000rpm on 6th gear and she goes without a vibrations!! She can do untill 18km/l (whit the sosft maps that have the same power of the track map,only the torque change). She dont need anything over the regular ispection! She NEVER BROKE!!! I'm sorry for who think different,but THERE IS NO COMPARE! Japans do it better,Yamaha in special!

Bro, i admire your passion for Yamaha bikes. For me, i'm just a newbie in Singapore, making mistakes and learning along the way. I know you support Yamaha but I prefer Aprilia. The legal age to ride in Singapore is 18, and you can only ride up to 200cc bikes. After 1 year year, then you have to take the exam again and you can ride up to 400cc. After another year, you have to take another exam then you can ride any type of bike. At 18, I got my 200cc license and bought a first hand aprilia rs125 because i just totally love the power that it has. Italian make, italian parts, uncomparable quality. My stock aprilia can easily out-do Yamaha TZM, Honda NSR150 and Kawasaki KR150 that have been modified.

But I was young and immature. Having no experience at all, I couldnt handle such a big bike for long. I had 3 crashes in a mere 9 months. And the final crash broke the frame of my Aprilia. It was beyond repair and it was a total loss of SGD$16000.

After that I bought a Yamaha X1 scooter and it has served me well for the past 3 years. I got my final license last year and I'm saving up to buy a FZ1N now. No doubt Yamaha bikes are good, but it doesn't stand out in Singapore.

I believe in Italy you ride a yamaha it makes you stand out. Likewise, I still like Italian bikes because it stands out in Singapore. However, due to budget constraints, I can only afford a yamaha bike for now as I still need to put aside money to start a family in the next few years (I'm not getting any younger!)

Anyways, UPS for all yamaha fans!

do you remember Discacciati disks?
below before mat black anodizing

img00646201102160154.jpg

I'm starting to install every parts of the bike, I hope to finish within two weeks.

First "stolen" pic... will soon introduce you in all her splendor...

img00689201102261825.jpg

I simply LOVE those wheels! Ivan had a set on his 01' and they really "popped" on that bike. I can't wait to see the finale!

P.S. The pic of the speedo??? I'm a GenI guy so I don't know what I should be looking for?? What did you do?

P.S. The pic of the speedo??? I'm a GenI guy so I don't know what I should be looking for?? What did you do?

The back-lights for the speedo and tach are white instead of the factory orange.
5446775489_4f12f469d9.jpg
IMAG0341 by DocDazzler, on Flickr
...and his is messed up... temp is in C and speed is in km/h. I know how to fix that ;) also, I think his windshield is missing too!

That does look nice. I've always thought about doing that, but I wasn't sure how to proceed. Mind sharing what's involved. I'm sure it's been discussed somewhere before, but I thought I'd just ask here.

Last edited:
vecchio son ggiorni che aspetto di vedere sta meraviglia!!! quand'è che ce la mostri? Fortuna che brutale e sduke erano troppo care eh? mi son da poco trasferito in brasile e qui non ti fano importare moto usate..altrimenti il marchesini forgiato sarebbe stata l'ultima spesa insieme al traction control..ma tanto poi avrei dovuto tirar giù tutto per prendere il giusto:-(
anyway show us this marvelous bike please!!!

FZ1riderNY: why don't you buy a pair of marchesini? thei're so cool in NY ehehe

Bdazzler:sorry my poor english language don't permit me to understand your second parts about windshield...
My FZ1 is the naked version w/o windshield.

Ridges: tra due settimane circa sarà conclusa... be patient ehehhe
A dire il vero mi è costata veramente poco, ho acquistato tutti pezzi usati con calma a prezzo affare.

Bdazzler:sorry my poor english language don't permit me to understand your second parts about windshield...
My FZ1 is the naked version w/o windshield.

Sorry. Stavo facendo del sarcasmo e solo scherzando su la metrica e il parabrezza. Noi non ottenere la versione N negli Stati Uniti. Mi scuso per la traduzione, ho usato Google Translate, e sono sicuro che fa schifo, ma so che nessun italiano.

English that was translated: Sorry. I was being sarcastic and just kidding about the metric and the windshield. We don't get the N version in the US. I apologize for the translation, I used google translate, and I'm sure it sucks, but I know no Italian.

Back