My Gixxer race bitch edition 2013

Gixxer is the nickname which has been around for any GSXR model since the day it was launched here in Europ. Lies a bit easier in the mouth to refer to a GEE_ES_IKS_AAAR :p

I have heard the verbal Sound "Jixxer" or "Gixxer" in refrence to the spelling "GSXR" just never knew it took on new spelling as well with more letters to boot.:poke:

cleaned the bike thoroughly as it was getting some new decals. Amazed myself what some orange lines can do.

These decals are sponsored by the organisation who arranges trackdays and where I support to beginners and rookies groups on their first trackdays. In return I get free tracktime :)

before

after

DenArnold, you might have seen me before at Mettet or Zolder on this track hack...?

al5kau.jpg

I always use my Db killer as Zolder (and I think Mettet) has a 105Db limit.

There is a Db measuring device on the track and If your over the magic 105, youll get black flagged and have to leave the circuit.

If you have a standard silencer, youll be fine.
A full race system will definatly need the Db killer.

As for your bike, remove or fold in your mirrors and tape up your lights.

As for you, youll need full protection.

Mettet has now introduced 94dB as limit. On weekends the track organisation also do a static measure. As Mattsplat said, standard silencer are fine.

Last time I was on Zolder I was told the limit was 95dB.

Check in 2014 on Circuitdagen for available trackdates

well above pictures were the last one shot, as my race bitch has been sold off...got the price I asked for it.
Still was sad to have it let go as it was a perfect bike for me to have fun on the track...but i'm heading towards another direction, more dirtroads/offroad....and maybe one day I'll be too old for the offroad fun and go back to racetrack.

Having said so, still can and will take the FZ1 t the track if opportunity arises :Rockon:

Back