My Naked and Chopped 1st Gen

Wyker

I've lurked for awhile, but figured it was about time to say hello to all. I recently completed MOST of my winter project on my 05.

5551037187_c61e1d696a_z.jpg

5551036593_cbaa77bbeb_z.jpg

5551035519_0fa124bb60_z.jpg

I have some final touches relating to the seat, exhaust, etc.. that I'll be finishing up soon.

Very nice!! I hope you have a LOT of build pics to share on THAT street fighter! Well done!!!!!! :tup: Talk to us about that chopped tail/sub-frame first. :D

Great look. Kinda a 'sleeper'. At first glance I might think it was stock, but at closer look I can see all the hard work and mods!

Oh yeah, :welcome:

It is definitely a different feeling now. Not having any type of incline to the seat, I definitely have to HOLD ON if I'm going on any spirited ride. The seat is where I'll spend some time perfecting.

The cut was the easy part!

dewalt-heavyduty-reciprocating-saw-kit.jpg

I did the tail first..
Here is a picture from mid tail chop with front end still on:

5578893172_be781bd721_z.jpg

All front end parts are probably going to be sold, FYI.

RE: Tiny-tail

Oh MY . . . !! I LIKE it . . I don't suppose it's for sale , , , ,by chance ? I am looking for a really cool bike, and yours is awesome !!:wow:

Thanks for the compliment.

Everything is for sale... But I know my attachment value is much more that market value on a regular FZ1.

RE: Naked and chopped

Ahh Ha !! You know Johnny that ain't a bad idea !! I just bought a 2002 Silver FZ1 on ebay today ! I recently sold my Black-'01 and I wanted to try a GEN-2. But, after thinking about the tighter, more forward, more sporting seating position of the 2's, and then, I spot this SILVER one on ebay I ended up with the high bid of 3250. It has 11K miles, Corbin seat, Givi trunk w/mount, aftermarket mirrored wind-screen, performance gearing, digital fuel gage, frame sliders, etc,etc, oh and never down or mis-treated-- so they tell me. I may just get the secrets of the CHOP from Wyker and see what I can do ??

RE: Digital furl gauge

I don't know anything about it either ! ONLY the picture of it he has posted in the ebay auction. The auction is over, but it's still up for viewing. I am not familiar with that gauge or the clutch lever he has described that is now installed. I pick up the FZ tomorrow and will know more about everything on Tuesday when I get a chance to di-sect things out . . .. .:innocent0002:

Back