my new BOTM entry!!! LOL

I finally did it! I'd been looking at BMW's now for awhile.....because of the factory low option they offer to us who are vertically challenged. At first I wanted the 800 ST, then had my eye on the 800 GT. But since I've been riding off paved roads for a bit now too the GS just made more sense.
Long story short, John found this one at BMW of Denver:
BMW%20700%20GS_zpsil9baklp.jpg

They don't really discount the bikes, but there are a few perks for buying with them.
1) super nice staff
2) oil changes
3) discounted after market parts for 30days
So, as soon as I get the crash bars, skid plate, and windshield installed, I'll post another pic, then another,and another, etc,etc, etc........ :sport12:

and stayed tuned, might have a few things from the FZ1 to sell :popcorn:

Last edited:
Bwah Ha Ha

It is spreading.....sorry to be a bad influence.

But seriously, Congratulations!! I have ridden those and they are a really comfortable and fun bike with decent torque. You will miss the pull the wrinkles out of your face (I,m sure you don't have any ;) ) acceleration that the FZ1 has but otherwise you will love the riding position.

Living where you do it makes so much sense to have a bike that is at home on gravel and pavement! WOO HOO!!

PS; Add handguards to your list. They really help with cold and tip overs.

Last edited:
But seriously, Congratulations!! I have ridden those and they are a really comfortable and fun bike with decent torque. You will miss the pull the wrinkles out of your face (I,m sure you don't have any ;) ) acceleration that the FZ1 has but otherwise you will love the riding position.
Living where you do it makes so much sense to have a bike that is at home on gravel and pavement! WOO HOO!!

I rode it home from Denver yesterday....and you're right, she doesn't quite have the "pull the wrinkles out of your face speed" (LMAO and damnit!)
But it is a sweet ride. They gave me the option of the low seat that comes with the low suspension option, the regular seat, or the comfort seat. I opted for the comfort seat, naturally. And if I find i don't like it after awhile, I'm sure I'll be able to get the low seat off of AdvRider :)

I rode it home from Denver yesterday....and you're right, she doesn't quite have the "pull the wrinkles out of your face speed" LMAO and damnit! But it is a sweet ride. They gave me the option of the low seat that comes with the low suspension option, the regular seat, or the comfort seat. I opted for the comfort seat, naturally. And if I find i don't like it after awhile, I'm sure I'll be able to get the low seat off of AdvRider :)

My buddy Pavel had the "low" seat and he found the foam a bit thin and uncomfortable after it broke in, so give yours some time before you decide. When you wear out those tires try the TKC 80's and be sure to run them max pressure (I learned the expensive way) and you will enjoy the gravel so much more. They are also very competent on pavement.

One thing you should find is that those bikes are amazingly good on fuel and have a huge range compared to the FZ.

Last edited:
My buddy Pavel had the "low" seat and he found the foam a bit thin and uncomfortable after it broke in, so give yours some time before you decide. When you wear out those tires try the TKC 80's and be sure to run them max pressure (I learned the expensive way) and you will enjoy the gravel so much more. They are also very competent on pavement.

One thing you should find is that those bikes are amazingly good on fuel and have a huge range compared to the FZ.

The seat foam....that's what we were thinking and our sales guy told us too. :) loved his honesty and for giving me the seat option :)
And the computer told me I averaged 63mpg on the way home yesterday. Sweet!

Back