My Newest Bike :)

TwItcH

Now that I am starting my job at a state prison about an hour away I needed something with some good MPGs but was still cool. I found exactly what I was looking for and I can honestly say I have not been happier.

I was wishy washy about 2 up riding on it after reading reviews but I took the fiance for a 2 hour ride the other day and all I can say is they must not be very good riders. It has more than exceeded my expectations and it is super fun to take off road.

2008 wr250x
FMF Exhaust
Power Commander 3
Exup removed
Custom Made tail tidy (From leftover fz6 parts haha) <- not shown in picture

Again this pic isnt "my" bike but ill have pics of it later this week.

250.jpg

Good Choice

They are great bikes. I know a couple of guys that road the knobbied versions all the way from the southern US to Alaska.

The next bike on my list to use for knarley single track!

Awesome! I'd like the WR250R (street legal version with dual-sport tires).
2009-yamaha-wr250r-1_460x0w.jpg

Well, actually, I really want a WR450F that is street legal (or at least has a street title ;))
2010-Yamaha-WR450Fb-small.jpg

The WR250X is awesome, but there are too many dirt roads to explore, and I want a little more dirt traction than the street tires could give. I know it'd be fun on the street. I saw a youtube video of a guy with a KTM and he would switch wheels (he claimed about 20min job) and he had dirt to street and back. That would be a great setup.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jczZZVTDgj0]KTM 525 EXC-R Road to Dirt! - YouTube[/ame]

Congrats on a great bike. My list of extra bikes currently consists of:
  1. FJR or Connie 14
  2. Warrior
  3. WR250R or WR450F or KTM or Beta, etc.
  4. Super Tenere
  5. Aprilia Tuono V4R

Last edited:
I PLAN to end up in jail after riding my newest bike . . . . . '84 RZ350

That's right Officer. . . it is a classic. It could be collectable, maybe. What? Really? 125mph ? Really ? It's ONLY a 350cc. mmmhhh maybe your radar gun is wrong . . . eh ?

Knobbys

Ya I plan on buying a set of WRR rims and tires later this year that way i can explore.

I have actually been taking quad trails with my bike haha. Been through 3 rivers so far :D the only trouble it has is in mud obviously. But the street tires are great on dirt and gravel and i think that is due to the actual center of gravity of the bike and how it was made. The funny thing is it does as great at 5 mph trail riding as it does at 65/70 mph on the highway.

I was looking into the wr450 but
1. it does not come plated, you need to do that yourself (unless u buy used)
2. It is only a 5 speed (granted gearing could help but thats to much hasltle)
3. That would take away from the acclaimed 70 mpgs i get with my 250 which would be counter productive.

All in all I have NO regrets with this bike and I def recommend for any beginner/novice trail/adventure riders that want to get into the fun sport of dual purpose. I will have many pics to come of the fun places I have taken the little blue beast.

Back