My trip to work on the ZZR today

Ended badly.

I'm "ok".....Was doing 50-55 and she flew out from the woods on my right side. Took out her and her three bastards kids from her guts. lol. Bike is destroyed. I laid down on the tank and grabbed the bike tight with my legs and hit the throttle, there was no avoiding it. Would have been fine but she knocked me into the ditch. Was riding it out until a driveway came up, the bike stopped instantly and I didn't. Flew through the woods until the trees finally stopped me. Got the wind knocked out of me and scrapes, bruises, swelling on my legs, mostly my right knee. She jumped to try and clear me and my chest stopped her, so thats pretty sore also. Trip to the ER by ambulance and xrays show no broken bones. Was wearing Icon coat, Dianese gloves, and Arai helmet so no upper body abrasions (well, except my neck and tongue that I must have bitten), legs took a beating though. Levi's don't do the job and will wear my Alpinestar pants every time I ride now.

Last edited:
Damn, damn, damn! I'm so glad you're alive. Poor you, poor deer. Nobody wins :(

Keep those Levis around as a reminder to always wear pants ;)

Jeeez Wayne! Holy crap! Glad to hear you're OK and will be fine. The bike can be replaced but we can't find another one of you! Sorry you had this happen. Heal fast!

Glad that you survived this. It is my biggest fear in riding....that a deer will pop up with no time to react. You are fortunate to walk away, the result is usually different.

Very glad to hear you aren't hurt any worse than you are, that is great news.

Hopefully you had comprehensive insurance on the bike so that you get some money out of the bike if it is a total.

Very glad to hear you aren't hurt any worse than you are, that is great news.

Hopefully you had comprehensive insurance on the bike so that you get some money out of the bike if it is a total.

They quoted me aroud $3300 if its totaled (which i'm sure it is), hard to imagine since you cannot buy a bike like this one for that. Plus I have another $3000.00 in accessory coverage.......we'll see, have to meet the adjuster Monday.

Well, went to the wreck site then met the adjuster at the bike yesterday, put it into perspective what I went though. Looks like once the bike launched me I flew about 6' of the ground for 12'-15', breaking of 2"-3" trees on the way though. I'm very lucky this didn't turn out worse. On a good note, i"m going down to Detroit today to look at a spotless ZZR for sale!

Yikes. Glad to hear you're ok, all things considered.

When are you going to be in Detroit? I work in Dearborn and would be happy to buy you a "congratulations on surviving" lunch or at least coffee.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

Wife and I leaving here in an hour or so, heading down to New Baltimore actually (Chesterfield Twp) so I won't ne near Dearborn really. Maybe someday though since her parents live in Canton and her Sister in Belleville (She is from Wayne originally). Thanks though!

So the deer was prego? That is a shame.

I am glad to see you are okay and looking at getting another ZZR. All that sliding around sounds like it hurt :p

BTDT so no sympathy for the deer but so glad to read you survived. Hope others learn from you pain that ATGATT means good pants too. Best to get pants and jacket that zip together, the zipper saved me from much worse injuries after sliding down the road due to Bambi.

I do have soom good news.......I ended up buying the ZZR in Detroit. 5800 miles and some additional things done to it. Wheels, hubs, and sprocket chromed (not that I really cared), white face gauges with blue lights...Was owned by a 58 year old man that just had his knees replaced and can't ride. Brought it home, gave it a bubble bath and a coat of wax. Will get it fully serviced while i'm waiting for my torn up and battered legs to heal.
0D596B2D-34EA-4B9C-B3D7-4DAD75D77A63_zpsjvlazls1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
8026915C-FBDD-4C93-A6ED-A0D8BC541467_zpssb1o1fet.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
B7DF2A85-E1CD-4DA7-8E07-68CC68AF4F5C_zpspxea5cxa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
C7C9491C-EC54-4B2A-AFBF-5B1F79D91C38_zps83vtoa1y.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
1D833311-45C0-43B0-8F14-94D6704298BF_zpsivihxsqv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Back