Nails in tire

Tire at 50% wear or more ???? If so don't even think about it, not worth the risk. Just replace it .

Personally I would never have enough trust in a plugged or patched tire on a motorcycle. Have no doubt it would dive me nuts thinking about it......waiting for disaster. That said I've plugged or patched tires on cars, trucks, trailers , riding mowers and never had an issue.

I've plugged and patched tires myself, and never had a problem. I've even seen a guy do a full track day on a plugged tire.

So I emailed Cycle World Tech Questions about this and they said no way, not safe. The puncture can destroy the inner belt strands and lead to catastrophic failure.

The tire is pretty new. the nails are small and not letting out alot of air, been riding on it for about 4 days just putting air in it daily.the nails are on the middle of the tire, so its not too bad. ill take pic soon.

I had my rear tire plugged. I didn't think it was the absolute best option but I wasn't going to buy a new tire while out of town. I want to have it replaced by my local shop but I'm going to ride on it until it is more nearly used up.

Back