Need Help Chosing Naked/Streetfigther or repair fairing

Hi All,

I recently put my bike down and pretty much destroyed the fairing, fairing stay, headlights, airbox(gas tank) cover.

I am thinking about just turning it into a naked/streetfighter since it should be the cheapest fix for now and buyin gall new plastic later if/when I want to put all the money into it.

I have seen 2 good options and was wondering how easy they are to install myself

1. Partshark.com offers a Euro style Fz1N coversion kit for around $600. It says that it doesn't come with any wiring or mounting instructions. How hard is this to figure out? Is it plug and play or will I need a wiring harness adapter?

2. A couple forum members seem to have used a 2012 Fz8 front end. I like the look and the fact it has the holes to mount the side marker lights are already on it. Again, I'm worried about the wiring and mounting. Did anyone write down or note what they were doing as they did it

Thanks for any help at all.

it's really easy to do if you know what you're doing. make sure left is left and right is right lol and honestly if you're that skeptical i'm sure there's local shops that'll do the wiring for you for cheap. i've done it before on other bikes, just takes a little patience and the right tools and knowing what wire goes to what

it's really easy to do if you know what you're doing. make sure left is left and right is right lol and honestly if you're that skeptical i'm sure there's local shops that'll do the wiring for you for cheap. i've done it before on other bikes, just takes a little patience and the right tools and knowing what wire goes to what

Thanks man. How's the weather up there? My family lives in Auburn and Edmonds. I grew up there, haven't been back in 10 years since moving to AZ.

The thread titled "FZ1 naked euro conversion "how to" with pictures
" over on the other forum has all you need to know.
I know, I was reading that thread and attempted to ask a question and got a lifetime ban because it said I was a spammer. I emailed the admin and have yet to get reply.

Does anyone know if there is a windscreen option for the Fz1n conversion kit? I've seen european Fz1n with a windscreen but I am curious if they are in the states.

Go naked. Puig makes a cool one but it doesn't fit US models without some modification (seen in yellow). If it were me I would make it work. They do make one that bolts to the handle bars, but doesn't look as good (Black FZ).

Go naked. Puig makes a cool one but it doesn't fit US models without some modification (seen in yellow). If it were me I would make it work. They do make one that bolts to the handle bars, but doesn't look as good (Black FZ).

Even the US models that use the Euro Conversion Kit for Parts Shark.

Ride it naked before worrying about screens. I rode one with the Puig and think it was like my S model with a bit more buffeting (dirty air) but it depends on your height.

I'm 6'4" and wide shouldered. I noticed tooling around today wihtout anything on the front that I felt like a sail. But, I tell you what, it sure kept me from wanting to tuck down and speed.

Yeah it has something to do with the ignition mounting and the UKDM having a factory immobilizer. If your creative I'm sure a machine shop could fab up a bracket. It looks soooo good on our bikes. I found this on the "other" site.

Puig FZ1-N Naked Screen..Anyone tried to install?? - FZ1OA Message Board

Do you have a windscreen mount on the Fz1N conversin headlight? could you take a pic and post? I can't quite see it from your avatar pic. I should be able to get my order in to part shark tomorrow for the headlight.

I think going naked for now will help keep me from pushing the speeds. I've done some freeway time in the last couple days without the fairing on and I just don't feel comfortable going much past 75, 85 for a minute and I'm ready to slow back down.

I think eventually I'll get the half fairing again but for now the naked seems to be the best approach to keep me under control and still having the thrill of riding.

Also, I'm realizing i'm gonna need help with mirrors.

I can't do bar end mirrors as I have to park my bike by driving through a doorway. I already cut out part of the door jam to make room and stop scraping the ends. I could park outside the doorway but there are criminals about in my neighborhood and I wouldn't want to tempt them.

Do you have a windscreen mount on the Fz1N conversin headlight? could you take a pic and post? I can't quite see it from your avatar pic. I should be able to get my order in to part shark tomorrow for the headlight.

I think going naked for now will help keep me from pushing the speeds. I've done some freeway time in the last couple days without the fairing on and I just don't feel comfortable going much past 75, 85 for a minute and I'm ready to slow back down.

I think eventually I'll get the half fairing again but for now the naked seems to be the best approach to keep me under control and still having the thrill of riding.

Also, I'm realizing i'm gonna need help with mirrors.

I can't do bar end mirrors as I have to park my bike by driving through a doorway. I already cut out part of the door jam to make room and stop scraping the ends. I could park outside the doorway but there are criminals about in my neighborhood and I wouldn't want to tempt them.

I don't have the conversion. I have completed a bit of research as I was considering it. After riding a friend's Ducati monster I decided against it. That post is from another member on FZ1OA. As far as mirrors these might be a better option for you. My buddy has them on his ducati, they are pricey but very nice with decent visibility.

I don't have the conversion. I have completed a bit of research as I was considering it. After riding a friend's Ducati monster I decided against it. That post is from another member on FZ1OA. As far as mirrors these might be a better option for you. My buddy has them on his ducati, they are pricey but very nice with decent visibility.

Honestly after riding this morning I think I'm just going to plan on doing the conversion for 6 months to 1 year. Then go back to the fairing when I've demonstrated enough self control. I found that having the fairing I just wanted to tuck in and jump on the throttle. With the bike naked now, I just don't want to get on it as hard and am way more cautious accelerating.

You should think about a smaller bike till you get more self control. not trying to be a dick but your comments make it seem that you are not ready for a somewhat fast bike.

You should think about a smaller bike till you get more self control. not trying to be a dick but your comments make it seem that you are not ready for a somewhat fast bike.

No worries. I have 3 days and about 130 miles now without doing anything stupid. I'm actually finding that having to be that much more aware and in tune with the bike with throttle control, braking, gear selection is just making me love the bike that much more.

I just made the comment about the naked bike providing me with more wind to slow me down cause I thought it was interesting that my subconcious was working that way.

I was getting bored on my Fz6 before I crashed that one. The bike was fun, but it was buzzy, I had to wring it's little neck and found I had to work the gears a lot harder than I wanted to. The only bike I would consider going smaller for would be something like a Duc Hypermotard by I don't have the money for that kind of toy.

Yes, naked bike will slow you down due to the apparent effect of wind on your perceived speed but it is a lot more unstable in windy conditions especially when you are tearing the backroads or just commuting. I love the look but just don't see the practicality of it. Been there done that. See my N conversion thread.

Back