Need Help Chosing Naked/Streetfigther or repair fairing

I still think it's all what you're used to. The person who spends 10 years behind a fairing will be in for a shock when they go for a ride on a naked for the first time. Newbies are especially sensitive to it because they're scared of every sensation. You get used to it, though.

I really do prefer riding bikes with little to no wind protection. A fly screen is a nice addition to keep bugs and muck off you but I enjoy the clean air and the feeling I get riding a bike with nothing obscuring the view of the road ahead & below me. I've been comfortable over 140 mph on my 919. It sure creates a sensation of speed, too :cheerleader:

Yes, naked bike will slow you down due to the apparent effect of wind on your perceived speed but it is a lot more unstable in windy conditions especially when you are tearing the backroads or just commuting. I love the look but just don't see the practicality of it. Been there done that. See my N conversion thread.

Thanks, I liked the pics and it looks good. The only think I am thinking I want is the little Puig windscreen that is available in the UK, I guess the problem is that it won't mount up to the kit here because of there the ignition system is at.

Alright, I'm going Naked. Just ordered the headlight kit from Partshark. I asked them to rush it because it's sketchy for me to be riding around with my LED bicycle headlight. It definitely let's people see that I'm coming but isn't much for low light conditions. Although in the AZ pavement jungle you don't go more than 100 feet without a streetlight.

I've been having fun riding around without the fairing and with my height at 6'4" have only noticed that the wind is even across my whole chest. It's funny when I pick up the speed now I almost feel like I have to hunch my body as if I was getting down arnd ready for a fight, LOL. The fairing and windscreen always put a blast of strong wind right into my shoulders and helmet. It was cool if I tucked by when I tucked I rolled on the throttle sometimes :eek5:

As for the mirror setup I am gonna get a left side mirror from one of the folks over at the Fz8 forum. All it requires is a change to the clutch clamp to the Fz8 one for $25 bucks and basically I got a factory yamaha look for about $50. To do the right mirror I would have to switch out the brake master cylinder which isn't worth it to me. Arizona only requires a left side mirror.

I looked at the Rizoma and CRG mirrors but man that is just too expensive for my blood right now. Especially since after the initial damage I want my bike to have a little bit of that street fighter edge to it, and not so much a work of art.

Has anyone tried the Rear Hugger from R&G?
View attachment 12865

I'm thinking about doing a FE kit like this. Again I looked at the Rizoma which is beautiful but way too expensive for me right now.
View attachment 12866

AZ doesn't require turn signals on motorcycles as long as hand signals are used. So I'm undecided as to what to do there.

Does anyone know how to set up a taillight that flashes when the brakes are applied or even like I've seen some of the race bikes that it flashes when they let up on the throttle?
The biggest thing I fear now is getting rear ended because without a really good mirror setup it's harder to know if someone is tailgating me or possibly going to run me down.

As for the mirror setup I am gonna get a left side mirror from one of the folks over at the Fz8 forum. All it requires is a change to the clutch clamp to the Fz8 one for $25 bucks and basically I got a factory yamaha look for about $50. To do the right mirror I would have to switch out the brake master cylinder which isn't worth it to me. Arizona only requires a left side mirror.

You can buy the Rizoma bracket I posted earlier to put a mirror on the brake side without changing the master cylinder.

You can buy the Rizoma bracket I posted earlier to put a mirror on the brake side without changing the master cylinder.

I must have missed the link. Or are your referring to the link to Motovation's naked build page.

The rizoma stuff I was seeing there was bar end application. I must be missing something.

Your right side should have a spot where a mirror would thread in. When I did my conversion I got an OEM FZ8 clutch perch and then drilled and tapped the right side for my mirrors.

I'll a little behind the times here. You crashed the 1 too?

:embarrased::embarrased::embarrased::frown::frown:

Uh yes, Didn't even make it 24 hours this time. I was a complete jack-A and grabbed a hand full of throttle in the wrong section of road, froze up on a corner and just ate sand:teeter:. Tore up the fairing and headlight, scratches on tank, tank cover and right passenger handlebar. Otherwise ok.

Lesson learend. I've got almost 200 miles in this week after all that and haven't done a single stupid thing. This time I actually scared myself and have calmed the eff down.

Your right side should have a spot where a mirror would thread in. When I did my conversion I got an OEM FZ8 clutch perch and then drilled and tapped the right side for my mirrors.

I ordered the OEM Fz8 clutch perch/clamp yesterday. I have one of the nice guys from the Fz8 forum sending me his stock mirrors. I'm a little scared about drilling/tapping anything since I don't have a drill and haven't done anything like it before. I always have the feeling if it has to do with safety (i.e. brake) let a pro do it.

Back