Need Help :/

TwItcH

Ok so in no terms am I a "Newbie" to the mods list of bikes. But I have a problem I just cant figure out :/

Last night I did the following :

New Mivv GP Carbon Exhaust
Power Commander 3 (Map from Seth on forums)
AIS blocked (5/8's inch piece of wood dial by copperdawg)
Airbox Mod
Zip tied and wired flies
EXUP valve removed
o2 sensor disconnected

Now this morning I started the bike, let it warm up and gave it a little gas and it cuts out mid throttle. Like dies out. I dont know if its just something minor I did so when I got home today I unzipped AND untied the flies so they are back to normal now mods list is :

Mivv GP Carbon
Pc3 (with seth from forums map)
Airbox mod (CopperDawg)
AIS blocked (5/8's inch piece of wood dial by copperdawg)
EXUP valve removed
o2 sensor disconnected

I tried to start it again and same thing. when revving around 6k or so it like dies out .... it wont rev past there.

Any insight would be awesome because I am really bummed out :( I worked on her for 5 hours last night and for it to not run right is a huge disappointment. :cry::cry:

Thanks guys
Twitch

is the PC supposed to compesate for the O2 sensor?
i have not zipped the flies, went copperdawg instead, and no PC,but slip on,airbox mod ,AIS blocked,no exup, no problems.
your answer is either fuel line kinked,the O2 not pluged in or something in the PC, :scared0016:
back up in steps,how hard is the PC install?

:2cents:

A couple of things to check.
Did you reconnect the air sensor in the top of the airbox?
Can you put the stock map back into the PCIII? I would do that if possible otherwise disconnect the PCIII. It could be faulty or the map is faulty.

Sounds to me like a big lean stumble when the flys open, either the map has not loaded to the pc111 properly or the map is way lean in this area. I would reload map and if still there try Dunkens perfection map that is good in this area.

I doubt the map would be so lean as to cause the bike to die like that. I'm going to go with the dreaded kinked fuel line. Very common with the Gen II's if you're not careful when lowering the tank. That would be the first thing I would check for. Those mods, even w/o the PC III, would not cause the bike to die like that. Granted it may stumble, but die...no way.

I thought you had to have something in place to short the O2 sensor when unplugged? Simply unplugging it will cause issues with fuel mapping. This is why DynoJet sells the O2 sensor eliminator. ;) Plug the O2 sensor back in and try again.

*EDIT* I included the link before Hail got me. :D

Last edited:
That's why I like to mod one step at a time, try it out to make sure it's working correctly before I move on.

I'd recommend that you eliminate the variables and then reintroduce them one at a time.

1) Install a zero map
2) Untie the flies
3) Plug the O2 back in
4) If you have your OEM air clearner still reinstall it.

Ride it an see how she works.

Then install the Seth map and undo the O2

Then install the K&N (I assume you have one)

Then tie the files

Yeah its a PITA but you'll be able to figure out the problem.

My hunch, the flies and air box mod are messing with the intake power pulses and causing the stumble.

FTIW - I'm making 143 hp with only a PC3, custom tune and a slip on. I'm not a fan of "novelty" mods.

thanks everyone

It was a kinked fuel line. I didnt even think that would happen. This is why Im a part of this forum !!!! You guys are awesome.

Thanks again everyone for the quick responses. Picks are coming soon !!!!

There's a mod for the fuel line... Yamaha put a very weak line on the bike and it kinks way to easily. It can be replaced with a much more rigid and durable line. I cannot remember where it was linked to though.

Glad you got it sorted!!! :tup: Hats off to Tony for being spot-on!

It was a kinked fuel line. I didnt even think that would happen. This is why Im a part of this forum !!!! You guys are awesome.

Thanks again everyone for the quick responses. Picks are coming soon !!!!

Well done with finding it quick and props to Tony for supplying you with the correct answer. :worship:

Great call Tony. After doing bind spots unkinkable fuel line mod I kinked the unkinkable. It did not shut my motor down but made it vibrate terrible. Simplely rerouted the hose.

If the world was as helpful and generous as the members of this forum, we wouldn't be in the predicaments that we face today! Great job with the help. I know where to come when I have, and I know I will, problems moding my bike out! Keep up the great work....

Back