Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Penske 8900E

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Hyperpro Steering Damper

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other? List below

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
So yeah basically, I do not know exactly when I can do the Penske, but I will deff be doing that. I really want to save up some money this year, so I may not do it until Christmas and just do the front and rear at once.

I really am having a hard time though debating on what to get from her. The HyperPro is awesome, but I wonder if its worth the money or even needed? The belly pan will make my bike look totally wicked so... lol

Go Penske

Then K Tech cartridges which fit inside the standard forks & are used by BSB teams

Then go to a race school, good as you are, you'll learn more & use your bike better
:icon_beer:

So yeah basically, I do not know exactly when I can do the Penske, but I will deff be doing that. I really want to save up some money this year, so I may not do it until Christmas and just do the front and rear at once.

I really am having a hard time though debating on what to get from her. The HyperPro is awesome, but I wonder if its worth the money or even needed? The belly pan will make my bike look totally wicked so... lol

Papa how many time have you had head shake. If your answer is I haven't get the belly pan

Yeah that's what someone else mentioned to someone else in a thread I was reading about. So far I have been lucky enough to avoid it. :)

Well the first time that it happens and you don't have the damper on there you wont like it. I've only had bad head shake on the FZ1 twice. Once was at about 90 MPH. Had just wound out first gear and shifted into second. Front end was pretty light at that point (even with me in a tuck) and hit a bump on the road. Shook pretty badly and at that speed it wasn't a fun experience. Let's just say I went home and changed my underwear...lol.

Papa I have the Hyperpro and like it a lot. I like the look of a traditional damper over the square shaped type. With that said if you get the Hyperpro every time you need to get under the tank you will have to remove the damper or risk scratching the front plastic tank piece( at least my buffer works good). The only PIA part of it.

Yeah I am thinking I am going to go with the Hyperpro. I really like the look of it. Just now its the waiting game of when I can get it. Our 1 year is June 8th lol. SO I have some time before I can get it.

So here is the deal. I just talked to Lee for about half an hour. The 8983 is a great setup for what I will be doing with the bike. Problem is money. My girl wants to actually get me something for our one year but the shock is wayy out of the budget. So for that its either the hyperpro or the belly pan. I may throw my Desert Eagle up for sale to get the shock, if not I will be getting it mid summer on my own.

So now out of these two, what would you get? Belly pan or Hyperpro?

Any chance of getting a richer girlfriend? lolup

Yeah, I am looking around currently at dampers.

If you had to choose...

Hyperpro or the GPR V4?

I've used the HyperPro before and love the engineering behind it. However, I do like the way the GPR mounts better. That being said you can't go wrong with either one, but I would give the nod to the HyperPro.

How much do you weigh? If you weigh between 75 -85 kgs then the stock shock will be good enough for the average rider.
Now I don't know how hard you ride your bike but you mentioned previously that you don't give it too hard a time?
I reckon the steering damper is just a waste of money.
Standard set up bikes are pretty stable however if you are doing trackdays then it might be another story.

I'll put something else a out there. I reckon you should save your money for rider training.
Here in Australia we have Keith Codes Californian Superbike School.
The level 1 course teaches you a shed load of great riding tips that will make you faster and safer and I thoroughly recommend it.
It's not cheap but well worth the experience.
Good luck with your decision.

Yeah I am 190lbs but will be 170 in the summer. I got fat over the winter :(

Anyways, I have been doing some legit thinking and every time I start one of these threads all it does is end up with me bailing out on my ideas in the thread lol.

I think the main thing that was making me think I needed a shock so badly is that I made my bike handle like crap after lowering the rear. I am going to adjust the rear again tomorrow and dial that in nicely. Also throwing on my 520 conversion with the Driven Axle Block Sliders.

I decided that I am going with the belly pan for my gift, and the Hyperpro will come soon after. The shock will be done along with front suspension sometime over the winter.

Thanks for all the opinions guys, they deff help me clear out this mess of a brain I have.

I decided that I am going with the belly pan for my gift, and the Hyperpro will come soon after. The shock will be done along with front suspension sometime over the winter.

Word of caution...I know you've mentioned going with the Dale Walker or Arrow header eventually. Be careful because if the header downpipes don't follow the contours of the stock header then the belly pan probably wont fit.

It's kind of funny though Papa... because you ask, you poll, we pretty much all say the Penske and you're not getting it? ;) Just yankin' yer chain a bit. :D

Yeah I am 190lbs but will be 170 in the summer. I got fat over the winter :(

Anyways, I have been doing some legit thinking and every time I start one of these threads all it does is end up with me bailing out on my ideas in the thread lol.

I think the main thing that was making me think I needed a shock so badly is that I made my bike handle like crap after lowering the rear. I am going to adjust the rear again tomorrow and dial that in nicely. Also throwing on my 520 conversion with the Driven Axle Block Sliders.

Thanks for all the opinions guys, they deff help me clear out this mess of a brain I have.

Bling over substance.
Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

LMAO

Well, I think if I would go with the 8900E, I may be able to make the Penske happen for my 1 year if I added money in on what she was going to spend. Thing is, I really do want the 8983 after speaking with Lee, but there is no way financially I can add that amount to match up with hers so we can order that for June. Just too many other things going on right now :( ... The reason I can do the belly pan or the Hyperpro is because that's all on her money, I wouldn't be adding in on that one.

Still have not fully decided yet on the Hyperpro or the belly pan.

And that's another reason I feel bad with half of the threads I make. Usually everyone is all telling me the same thing to do, and at the end I can either not afford it or change my mind. At least this time I AM getting it, just closer to August lol.

LMAO

Well, I think if I would go with the 8900E, I may be able to make the Penske happen for my 1 year if I added money in on what she was going to spend. Thing is, I really do want the 8983 after speaking with Lee, but there is no way financially I can add that amount to match up with hers so we can order that for June. Just too many other things going on right now :( ... The reason I can do the belly pan or the Hyperpro is because that's all on her money, I wouldn't be adding in on that one.

Still have not fully decided yet on the Hyperpro or the belly pan.

And that's another reason I feel bad with half of the threads I make. Usually everyone is all telling me the same thing to do, and at the end I can either not afford it or change my mind. At least this time I AM getting it, just closer to August lol.

We're just hounding you buddy. Don't take us seriously. In time we all get the stuff we need.

Back