New from Arizona

Hello everyone! Thought I would introduce myself. My name is Casey, I just got my motorcycle endorsement last weekend, and I just bought my first bike yesterday! I picked up a 01 blue FZ1. Bike is beautiful, with only 6800 miles on it, and picked it up for only 3k. Well, I'm looking forward to steeling your guys knowledge, reading your story's and maybe in time giving you guys some!

Welcome to the site Casey and congrats on the endorsement AND an FZ1! Take it easy and learn the your limits on the bike slowly... She's a BEAST when you twist the wrist and we want you back here posting often! :D

Ride safe!

-Eric

Very beasty, just a little bit is a lot. It is a thrill getting out there and and enjoying the ride!

Aye, younger brother to Timebomb.

Welcome Casey. Hope you enjoy the group and information/advice that is on this forum. The only thing I'll say at this point is, let the backs of your ears dry off before you get too far into the throttle on your new ride. Have a great and safe time.

The cardinal rule in motorcycling is keep the shiny parts up and the rubber parts down!

Like many have said, take your time and you will grow into the bike. Be a success story of starting with a liter bike.

Be safe and enjoy the ride!:Rockon:

The cardinal rule in motorcycling is keep the shiny parts up and the rubber parts down!

Like many have said, take your time and you will grow into the bike. Be a success story of starting with a liter bike.

Be safe and enjoy the ride!:Rockon:

As long as he uses that throttle wisely he should be fine. You can get hurt (or killed) on a 600 if you're a moron so engine size is not the only factor. I personally started out on an '88 FZR1000 and never had any "issues" with the power.

I have been taking it easy.... More the most part! She has a lot of power, almost can't hang on when you really get into her, and she dips down into turns so easy. She is a great bike. Thank you all for the warm welcoming.

I have been taking it easy.... More the most part! She has a lot of power, almost can't hang on when you really get into her, and she dips down into turns so easy. She is a great bike. Thank you all for the warm welcoming.

Great to have you along Envy. I have an 01' as well and it's probably the best bike I've owned thus far. Enjoy the ride buddy and be safe.

As long as he uses that throttle wisely he should be fine. You can get hurt (or killed) on a 600 if you're a moron so engine size is not the only factor. I personally started out on an '88 FZR1000 and never had any "issues" with the power.

I completely agree with you. Modern sport bikes can be very non-forgiving. If you learn to ride and continue to ride with the correct mindset and throttle control you can start with any bike and be ok. My brother-in-law started on a ZX-10 and has never had any issues either. Although he does drive slower than he would if he were in a parade! :D I personally spoke to a younger man at a local dealership while he was buying a 1000cc sport bike and respectfully cautioned him about throttle control on his new toy. I was unfortunate enough to watch him crash the bike less than 500 meters from the dealership due to giving it too much throttle. But everyone is different, that is why I hoped he is an exception to the "going big" rule.

Back