New FZ1 Rider joins the flock.

Hey all,

Just got back from the dealership after buying a brand spanking new cobalt blue 2009 FZ1. I'll be picking her up tomorrow morning after they do all the prep work.

After several back and forths with the sales manager, we finally agreed on $8750 OTD (All taxes, fees, etc included in that price).

With today's economy the way that it is... do you all think I did okay with the price?

Anyway, this is a big step up from me.... since I'm moving up from an FZ6r.

Last edited:
Considering that MSRP was almost $10k on that bike I think you got a decent deal there. Now get out there and ride! Oh and don't forget to post up some pics ;)

Congrats NC dude ! I picked up an 09 myself about 3 months ago! Got you beat on the price but not by much. Like FZNY says ... if you're happy who cares??? I sure am ... I waited a long long time to buy a street bike (motocrosser for years) and I have no regrets.. the FZ1 is everything I wanted and more ;)

Last edited:
I think you did fine with the price! :welcome: and congrats! You picked the right year/color! ;)

:Rockon: and ride safe!!

Why would you say the right color? Was the blue slow enough for nubee's on a 1k bike?
lol J/k

Have fun on your bike you will love it.
Also if you come back to view anymore of what you started.
Welcome!

Hey all. Loving the bike so far. Other then the higher seat the ergos are very close to my previous fz6r, so the transition has been very easy. The shifting/throttle surging will be figured out in time.

I spent an hour today in a quiet neighborhood waggling back and forth in both lanes in order to get the mold residue off the tires. Worked great as the waggling scuffed em up decent down to a 1 inch chicken strip.

I'm all set for the dailly commute!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Oh yea... already ordered a powerbronze belly pan and T-rex frame sliders.

I don't do any touring so I'm going to put some miles on it for awhile before I decide whether I need a DBubble touring windshield.

Other then that the only mod in the future will probably be an exhaust to get a bit more grunt. Possibly a Yoshi. I'm more concerned about tone versus getting better performance so hopefully I can skip a power commander if the decel popcorn sound is minimal.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Power Commander wont really have anything to do with the decel pop. Thats the AIS, which takes about 2 mins to block off once you open up the airbox.

Congrats!

Back