New here from Calgary!

Hi guys

After a long 7 years without owning a motorcycle i decided to get back into it since i moved back to Calgary and the registration are much cheaper here than the east coast ($50 vs $1200) :bow down:

My last bike was a 2006 R1 but i grew older and i'm not that much of a cowboy anymore + my back is getting a little too old for those racing bikes.

Since i always liked the Yamaha products, i decided to go with the Fz1. I am actually picking it up from the dealership tomorrow, it's a pre-owned 2010 Red Fz1 Te (it has the side fairings and bigger windscreen) The bike is mint, i guess the previous owner was a short guy and drop it once on the side while parking it (been repaired) and decided to return it to the dealership 4 years later with only 900km. That thing is Brand new...and i paid cheap for it.

I am already looking at doing the Euro naked bike conversion and getting rid of the fairings, i really dig the look.

Can't wait to get it on the mountain roads.

Cheers
Pat

Welcome Pat, from the border city, Lloydminster. You should be able to find a buyer for the fairing and lowers to offset the naked costs. TE was only available in Canada.

Rob

Welcome Pat, from the border city, Lloydminster. You should be able to find a buyer for the fairing and lowers to offset the naked costs. TE was only available in Canada.

Rob

Thanks Ranger, i didn't know that. i'll definitely sale all the fairings/headlights since once i do the conversion, i won't go back. I choosed this bike because it offers more seating space compared to the newer naked bikes out there. there is also better options for for hard bags. basically i wanted a fun bike to ride in the city but could also be comfortable on longer road trip with the gf.

i'll let you know if i go your way. this

Back