New member welcome thread...

FZ1inPA

Hello! I am the proud new owner of a GEN I 2001 Fizzer. This is my 2nd bike; I started on a Ninja 250R, but it was too small for me (6'3", 250lbs). I am really excited to finally have a fully equipped, full sized bike. It has about 11k miles on it, but she could have rolled out of the factory a few months ago for how clean she is. Pics will be forthcoming; I am in the process of paying off the previous owner's lien, title transfer, etc. Thank you for this great forum; I almost bought this exact bike 3 years ago! I joined the site to research the model and I learned a great deal of helpful information. I deployed to Iraq and my wife totaled her car just before I did. This is what prevented me from buying this bike in 2008. I got one last opportunity to purchase her and I did! I can't wait until I am riding her to work everyday!:tup:

Hey all, my name is Tom, and I'm a happy newish owner of an 02 fz1. Had it for 2 weeks, put 2k miles on it. :evil. I'm a cnc machinist at an orthopedic company in Memphis, tn, and sitting at the age of 20. If you break a leg, you may just get a titanium nail i machined implanted! The fz is my first sport bike, I have been on dirt for 15 years and dualsport 5 years. I tend to be a throttle happy hooligan, but I keep it under control and always wear gear. In the 2 weeks of riding the fz, i have gained enormous amounts of respect for all rockets. I expect to ride this beast til it dies, then get another! Definitely glad I got away from the xr thumper for a change.

Hello! I am the proud new owner of a GEN I 2001 Fizzer. This is my 2nd bike; I started on a Ninja 250R, but it was too small for me (6'3", 250lbs). I am really excited to finally have a fully equipped, full sized bike. It has about 11k miles on it, but she could have rolled out of the factory a few months ago for how clean she is. Pics will be forthcoming; I am in the process of paying off the previous owner's lien, title transfer, etc. Thank you for this great forum; I almost bought this exact bike 3 years ago! I joined the site to research the model and I learned a great deal of helpful information. I deployed to Iraq and my wife totaled her car just before I did. This is what prevented me from buying this bike in 2008. I got one last opportunity to purchase her and I did! I can't wait until I am riding her to work everyday!:tup:

Hey all, my name is Tom, and I'm a happy newish owner of an 02 fz1. Had it for 2 weeks, put 2k miles on it. :evil. I'm a cnc machinist at an orthopedic company in Memphis, tn, and sitting at the age of 20. If you break a leg, you may just get a titanium nail i machined implanted! The fz is my first sport bike, I have been on dirt for 15 years and dualsport 5 years. I tend to be a throttle happy hooligan, but I keep it under control and always wear gear. In the 2 weeks of riding the fz, i have gained enormous amounts of respect for all rockets. I expect to ride this beast til it dies, then get another! Definitely glad I got away from the xr thumper for a change.

Welcome to you both! Tom, you've been hanging around a bit already here at the site. Just make sure that you don't ever become the recipient of any of your "hardware"! You already know how tricky those TN. roads can be!

Congrats to you Jroot on your "new to you" GenI. I also have an 01' which I wouldn't trade for anything.........well, almost anything. It seems we have more and more PA members popping up here lately. Glad to have you both along.

Been a member for a couple weeks now, thought I would introduce myself.

I recently bought my first "sport" bike, a '04 Skunk, and so far I love it! Owned a couple honda cruisers prior. Taking my time getting use to the ride and enjoying every mile of it.

I live in Ocala, FL, work as a draftsman for a concrete structure manufacturer. I go to North Georgia once or twice a year to ride the mountains.

Been a member for a couple weeks now, thought I would introduce myself.

I recently bought my first "sport" bike, a '04 Skunk, and so far I love it! Owned a couple honda cruisers prior. Taking my time getting use to the ride and enjoying every mile of it.

I live in Ocala, FL, work as a draftsman for a concrete structure manufacturer. I go to North Georgia once or twice a year to ride the mountains.

Welcome Craig, thats funny as I too went from a Honda Cruiser (05' Shadow Spirit), to the FZ1. The "Skunk" is another one of my favorite color schemes, aside from the 03' Bee. You'd think that they would bring back some of those two-tone schemes back to the US bikes.

I had a '03 Shadow Spirit and then bought an '06 VTX 1300C. I liked both bikes, really liked the VTX but when I went to the mountains for the first time last year on my VTX, I realized I wanted a sport tourer instead. Cruisers are good looking and a nice ride, but to me, nothing beats the cornering, speed and comfort of a nice sport tourer.

When I hit the lottery I would like to get a top of the line sport tourer. FJR or Beemer.

I to wish they had more paint schemes to chose from, but I am more than happy with the skunk on the black frame. Now I just need to black out some of the silver pieces.

I had a '03 Shadow Spirit and then bought an '06 VTX 1300C. I liked both bikes, really liked the VTX but when I went to the mountains for the first time last year on my VTX, I realized I wanted a sport tourer instead. Cruisers are good looking and a nice ride, but to me, nothing beats the cornering, speed and comfort of a nice sport tourer.

When I hit the lottery I would like to get a top of the line sport tourer. FJR or Beemer.

I to wish they had more paint schemes to chose from, but I am more than happy with the skunk on the black frame. Now I just need to black out some of the silver pieces.

Aside from the "power issue" or lack thereof with the Shadow, my problem was the forward controls. At that time, even with the Mustang Seat, my back was killing me after 50 to 60 miles of riding. I couldn't take much more so I went with the FZ1 for the upright seating position and the fact that if I need to stretch my legs, I can just stand up on the pegs and keep on rolling. With the Honda I would have to pull over on the side of the road to stand up for a few minutes. I don't regret the switch at all.

Long time lurker, first time poster

Hello everyone,

Just a quick intro. My name is Chris and I live in SE Michigan. I work for GM Design as a sculptor. Just recently (2 weeks ago), I traded my 650 supermoto in for a new leftover 2009 Blue FZ1. Glad to be here.

Thanks for a great sight.

Best regards.

Hi everyone will be getting my hands on an Fz1 shortly. Going down to see a dealer tomm. that still have new 09's left. Hopefully I can get a deal under 8k O.T.D. in Ca.

Newb

Hi All,

I'm Dave, live in Perth, Western Australia. Been riding for about 9 years and just picked up a 2001 FZ1 a few months ago and LOVE it. I work in oil and gas for Enerflex (Canadian company) for 7 years and it gives me the $$$ to have some toys!

Hello everyone,

Just a quick intro. My name is Chris and I live in SE Michigan. I work for GM Design as a sculptor. Just recently (2 weeks ago), I traded my 650 supermoto in for a new leftover 2009 Blue FZ1. Glad to be here.

Thanks for a great sight.

Best regards.

Hi everyone will be getting my hands on an Fz1 shortly. Going down to see a dealer tomm. that still have new 09's left. Hopefully I can get a deal under 8k O.T.D. in Ca.

Hi All,

I'm Dave, live in Perth, Western Australia. Been riding for about 9 years and just picked up a 2001 FZ1 a few months ago and LOVE it. I work in oil and gas for Enerflex (Canadian company) for 7 years and it gives me the $$$ to have some toys!

Welcome and congrats to all three of you. Glad to have you here at the site. You'll learn a ton here and have fun in the process!

Hi

Hello, My name is Jack, I live in Maple Ridge BC and just bought a 2010 FZ1 which I absolutely love. This is my fourth bike. Previously I had a couple of Viragos and a xj750. FZ1 is a blast to ride as you all know. Now if only the weather would improve!

Hello, My name is Jack, I live in Maple Ridge BC and just bought a 2010 FZ1 which I absolutely love. This is my fourth bike. Previously I had a couple of Viragos and a xj750. FZ1 is a blast to ride as you all know. Now if only the weather would improve!

Welcome Jack, Another member, Dustin is very near you.

Welcome and congrats Jack. Glad you have found us! Maybe you can post some shots of your new beast for us! Enjoy it!:)

Hello out there, my name is Rich and I just recently joined the site. I've been riding my entire life since the peewee days and just picked up a brand new 2009 FZ1 in beautiful Cobalt Blue ( matches my mustang pretty good ). I've had everything from custom choppers to crotch rockets and alot in between, just came off a 1998 Suzuki Bandit 1200, figured it was time to upgrade. The FZ1 is probably about the 40th bike I've owned in my lifetime and although I only have about 250 miles on it, so far I really love it. Really nice "comfy crotch rocket" as I like to put it.
Can't wait to get it broken in so I can really start to ride it.

I've already got some helpful info on here...........thanks everybody!

Last edited:
:welcome: Welcome to the site Rich. Is that your Mustang in your Avatar? Nice wheelie.

Thanks,........ya, that mustang is my real money pit. That wheelie is what happens when you miss the suspension setup after putting more power in the tune up for the final round ( it's not supposed to do that ). That pass was an exciting ride, tripped the 1/8 mile clocks with the back tires at 129 mph......

Hi Folks.

I'm Chris.I'm on the verge of trading in my beloved R6 and FZS for a 2010 FZ1.I'm from Norfolk,UK.Self Employed General Bodger,ooooooooooops i mean Builder.

Out of the wilderness

Hi, I'm Daniel, I am married, with 1 son(18). I pay for my pursuit of happiness by working for FedEx. I enjoy jetskiing, hiking, camping, fitness, anything military(tanks, jets,guns). I've been riding since my Father set me on the tank of his 197? suzuki gs 1000? The first bike I had control of was some lawnmower powered mini bike at maybe 7. The point is bikes are in the blood. As of the middle of march I have owned an '03 FZ. Rescued for $590 dollars from between 2 trees! It almost even runs! I am thrilled to join your forum I'll probably need tons of advice?:noworries:

Back